Status Update on Glossy Head While Cloaked Bug

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Jul 27, 2016.

1. CuteBeaver

Regarding Floating/Glossy Head Bug:

For future reference, and due to vested interests on the subject. DBG does have full reproduction steps on how to reproduce the floating /glossy head when cloaked bug. You cannot find the bug report on issue tracker because its locked away where only moderators and DBG staff can see it. There was an old - false report which was never cleaned up or properly hidden stating that:

PSA-2048

""This bug has been around for a long time. It appears duplicated by PS-669 and PS-1196, but neither of those provided reproduction steps, and the bug was never fixed."

Which was actually incorrect...:confused: Apparently DBG does have reproduction steps but no one knew. (Locked away in am old ticket no one could see but moderators # PSA-1759.) The information we provided to them has been filed in the new system by the original person who created PSA-1759. They are helping us and the video and reproduction steps were combined under a new Ticket # PS-2559 in the system.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-2559 (Which you cannot read because we don't have mod / DBG permissions)

So.... basically

Iridar and I figured out how to reproduce the bug 100% yesterday. Wrongfully thinking DBG needed the information... After posting we were then informed on Reddit by the moderators about the tickets only they can read, and the unfortunate false information in # PSA-2048.

This is a pretty nasty, complicated bug.

What I CAN tell you is the following:

YOUR cloak is actually fine. This is an issue with other players. You should highly consider adjusting yourself by moving slightly as enemies pass by your shoulder or approach you. I know this sounds like terrible advice but its your best protection from the bug. (Wiggle ever so slightly for a fraction of a second.)

Hide behind cover objects, never in front of them... Don't hide in the middle of rooms which are cluttered...

Especially important to wiggle if you encounter an enemy new to the fight, or passing you from an origin longer / medium distance. The longer you stand completely motionless the worse your chances become when encountering a player whos client is glitched. You can avoid this bug by moving very slightly and often.

Move more, cloak less.

Or

Do the same things you already do and Wiggle often as enemies pass.

I don't know how the Planetside2 Reddit community is going to rule on the reddit thread Iridar posted. On one hand its good to know how to avoid getting killed by this bug. Sadly on the other hand - if massive amounts of enemies start knowing how to abuse the bug..... Life gets difficult until the fix. DBG could also get heat for this which would be undeserved since they have been working on it.

Hang in there. This bugs days are numbered.
    • Up x 1
  2. Diggsano

It is always the infiltrator class who has bugs...god dammit daybreak, fix your chunk
  3. Iridar51

Vehicle ejection bug? Commissioner first shot not doing damage bug? Light Assault jet pack disabling on grenade throw bug? Mines killing through walls bug? Tank mines render bug?
    • Up x 1
  4. CuteBeaver

I remember the light assault - Max Bug from server smash. That was all sorts of special. I think there was another Max-Assault one where it was a light assault, but looked like a Max. Total opposite and csince it was just a standard infantry unit that looked like a hilarious flying robot XD.
  5. Sinful Raevyn

Ugh.

Hate this bug. Happened a few times to me on PS4... -.- Had PMed someone asking how they were able to follow me in their prowler and was told he could follow my head. >.<

Plz fix. Kthx.