Status of Outfit Wars - Nexus Season 2

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Mithril, Dec 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mithril Community Manager

Hi everyone, we're going to review and make adjustments to fix some of the issues that came up this season including the early launch of matches on Soltech. We're looking into adding these fixes / adjustments in future seasons of Outfit Wars. We validate all the concerns that have been brought up this season including but not limited to low turnout, holiday timing, sunderer exploitation and more.

I'll leave this thread open for more feedback on actual OW experiences this year. Please drop any input on things not mentioned above. Thanks!
  2. NEXCE

I hope this doesn't come off badly.

You said no to it in summer.
    You said yes to it late this year.

1. You should have first merged the servers to squeeze the pool of players together. Cobalt has 4....
    2. I am trying to build up my character for outfit wars but got killed by hackers under the map. So I can't really.
    3. Not looking forward to the next game with half a character

Apart from those major major issues I had fun playing my first one the other day.
    • Up x 1
  3. Amador

I will add my own Outfit Wars "experience" this year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Enlistment Phase:
    • The time period for enlistment was so short that even my own Outfit of 2000-3000 members couldn't obtain even 30 out of the 48 required signatures to participate. Ultimately failing to even enroll. Or... A more reasonable possibility was the overall lack of interest in the event for the below mentioned reasons to begin with.
    No Cheater Protection:
    • Another blunder of Outfit Wars is the gross lack of integrity and security regarding the event itself.

Given the historically poor record of cheater protection on live PlanetSide servers, especially considering that in-game reporting is widely known as non-functional and (even worse) the burden of proof falls upon the customers to email cheater@planetside2.com rather than have active or passive monitoring in-game by staff.

For years PlanetSide has been plagued by cheaters whom act with intentional discretion so they are able to remain undetected. Outfit Wars is no different. These circumstances are not to be confused with genuine players of high skill.
    No Outfit Loyalty Requirement:
    • To further underscore the failure of Outfit Wars, it should instead now be called "Outsource Wars". Why you might ask? Simple.

At this point, it's become apparent that Outfits will now "Outsource" help from other players whom are not genuinely part of the competing Outfit. These players are actually "opportunists" or "last minute" arrivals whom are temporarily invited to play on behalf of another Outfit that isn't truly their own. These players tend to be highly skilled or highly dubious.

If a player engages in "outfit hopping" just to participate in someone else's Outfit Wars, then this is an exploit. Once again underscoring the lack of integrity of Outfit Wars as there is no minimum requirements for how long someone has been part of that Outfit and/or accrued a minimum Loyalty Rank.
    Customers (players) constantly ask, beg and even -plead- for server merges. Yet, Daybreak refuses to accommodate.
    Customers (players) are forced to provide proof of cheating. Yet, Daybreak refuses to actively monitor it themselves.
    Outfit Wars was believed canceled without complaint. Yet, Daybreak rolls it out last-minute resulting in a debacle.
    These are all facts.

Outfit Wars must be canceled.
    The main game must be fixed.
    Enough is enough.
    • Up x 1
  4. OpolE

May as well finish the tournament

I wasn't happy about having 3 players turn up on the enemy team yesterday.

Server merging is needed really bad right now
  5. Timetrooper

Going to echo most of he comments from Amador and NEXCE.

- The cancelation and sudden change in direction of having Outfit Wars was confusing and frustrating for organizing teams, especially given the holiday time period.

- The implementation of Outfit Wars (as said already) is basically who can 'outsource' or 'stack' their outfits with the best players. Change is needed whether it is an alliance system between multiple outfits, more strict loyalty/length of membership criteria, and/or brackets for different skill levels. For the sake of winning many players abandon their outfits they play with for months and years to join only a couple within the community.

- The SolTech server/competition is a complete disaster. Match scheduling is all over the place, multiple teams that have signed up have shown up with zero players demoralizing those who bring their full team, and there has been no moderation or adjustments. Many players within our outfit who signed up to play and were excited to do so are now no longer interested.

- When playing on Nexus our outfit has gotten feedback that there needs to be some changes to make ground vehicles more integrated, as they currently only tend to be useful for creating or destroying spawns (sunderers and MBTs respectively). Additionally, the narrow mountain passes benefit the Vanguard giving NC a distinct advantage. Some diversification of the map for ground vehicle play would be nice so they can contribute more and give drivers more utility instead of just pilots and infantry.

- Feedback from players in our outfit that have played both Nexus and Desolation OW seasons has been mixed. The general consensus is that while Nexus matches are more competitive and 'fair' the previous map of Desolation was more fun to play and participate in, as was the qualification process of playing together on the Live server to accrue enough points to qualify the outfit.
    • Up x 1
  6. OpolE

My friend in Europe just went to play a match for a N/A server team and was on for hours before. Match started 1 hour before listed time and never got the press home button. He has now quit and is holding off anymore money to the game. SAD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.