Stats of Pumps?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diamond Sword, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Diamond Sword

I've been away and unable to play. I came back yesterday just in time for the patch that added the Pump Shotties. First death I have is from the Uppercut; a single shot killed me from full health. Or at least it looked like a single shot; took 100% damage from one guy just from the Uppercut in what appeared to be a single shot (heard one shot, saw one hit mark; died).

Now, this is TR; the gun could possibly shoot like an auto for all I know. I just want to know if they really can get OHKOs or if I just didn't notice multiple shots being pumped into me like a machine gun.
  2. Vertabrae

The new pump actions shotties can OHK at close range. They have slow reloads and slower fire rate to compensate this
    I believe they do something like 1400 damage if all the pellets hit.
  3. Diamond Sword

Well ****. They can't get Slugs can they?
  4. Vertabrae

Yep they can. I've heard slugs are a bit more powerful than standard shottie slugs. But they carry only 7 rounds with ext mags.

Great gun 1v1. Sucks if your facing a group unless you really good at dodging fire.
  5. Zaik

it's 143x10 per shot.

It's great if you can consistently get within 3m and OHK people, if you can't you will get wrecked by any other hipfire weapon.

I have heard that slugs do 80% of the max damage per shot, but that doesn't make any sense because then the slugs would be able to OHK with body shots within 10m, maybe within 15m. Pretty sure they don't do that, but I'm sure someone else can confirm/deny. They will definitely OHK on headshots though, making it your own little bolt action sniper rifle of sorts.
  6. Redshift

They're good but you have to be bang on accurate and point blank, just back peddle and you'll win with any other weapon
  7. framperton

It seems like they almost always take 2-3 body hits at range.
  8. Diamond Sword

I'm VS. Dead on aim is just putting the crosshair where I want my shot to go.
  9. Zaik

So they may just be the exact same 500/shot at cqc range that most other slugs seem to be, dropping off at some arbitrary point to 3 hit kills and staying there. In that case they'd be blatantly inferior for slugs compared to any semiauto.
  10. SinerAthin

Summary:

They are OP in 1vs1 CQC duels, suck at everything else.

I call it a Troll weapon, as it will either troll the poor sod you meet close up, or it will troll you in about every single other circumstance, without really serving any actual tactical or strategical purpose compared to say, a more versatile Semi-Automatic shotgun.