State of the forums

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duff_Chimp

It is clear to me now that these forums are damned. The current state of hypocrisy within the moderation and reporting of violations of the guidelines couldn't be more polarised. Having just recently been banned for 3 days for 'trolling', their advice was for me to check and read the forum guidelines. I did and noticed how poorly these guidelines are being implemented and enforced. First of all if something is cited as 'guidelines' surely they aren't enforceable? merely suggested behaviour, not rules? Secondly I quote the section pertaining to 'trolling':

Pretty sure 80% of every forum post has violations of this nature in some of its responses. Are all those individuals in question banned or suspended? I doubt. The real problem I have with all this is the trend of people who will find or use any method at their disposal to report people for 'trolling' merely for disagreeing with their views or pointing out their flaws.

I'm not evangelical or clean with regards to everything I post on this forum, I can swear, and be quite verbose and belligerent too, I am expressing my opinions and beliefs. I don't and have never considered myself to be a troll and I would go so far as to say the definition of trolling is a very subjective one and not a clearcut thing and certainly judging by the amount of stuff that goes unnoticed or unreported is a very prevalent thing in these forums.
  2. Wumpus

These forums are damned not because of over-aggressive moderation, but rather, due to the enormous amount of useless and base-less whining going on here.
    • Up x 6
  3. phreec

Reported for non-constructive act of trolling and attempted nerfing of the forums.
    • Up x 3
  4. Duff_Chimp

and do those kind of threads attract or detract trolls? I say banning nerf/whine threads altogether would be a good step towards cleaning up the forums. At least limit weapon, vehicle and class whines to their sub forums.

This post was primary to draw attention to the hypocrisy of the system. Trolling is widespread and mostly unpunished. You either have a policy on it or you don't, this grey fuzzy line the moderation team seem to walk, seems to favour the accuser and not the accused. I was banned for 3 days and given chance to appeal, for what? i don't know and wasn't told until after the ban.

Turns out pointing out somebodies name is clearly an sexual reference is considered trolling. Why is the guy with the name i won't mention being banned for having such a name. Hypocrisy. This isn't a 'do this' kind of thread, more a 'this is how things are' kind of thread, if everybody that frequents these forums are 100% satisfied with the way these forums are run then this should be the last comment made, and the thread can die.
  5. SgtScum

6. Teegeeack

I've been on imageboards for so long that I'd forgotten how much drama takes place on these silly sign-up forums.
  7. SgtScum

Eh, its standard gaming forum fare. Nothing much different here than on the wow forums or the world of tank forums etc.

Just pick a thread and enjoy the stupidity for a quick laugh then get on with your life.
  8. Duff_Chimp

Which most of the forum going population wouldn't know it if it even when signposted. The problem is serious threads get buried and flippant flame troll bait posts don't. I seriously don't even understand why we have moderators at all....
  9. THUGGERNAUT

what did you have to do to get suspended? only gotten warnings here, even for my worst trolling offenses.
  10. RadarX

If you have a concern with moderation, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss it. Moderation is not a forum topic so I need to close this. Thanks.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.