Starter setup for testing HA

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by LAM1975, Feb 4, 2015.

1. LAM1975

Hi,

Very new to the game and the same to FPS, thus very much learning the trade as I go.

I have currently put some points into LA and Medic (just unlocked res grenade). However I'd like to give the HA a try and was wondering what sort of a basic setup is worth looking at to give it a decent test.

I like the VX29 Polaris gun and may just purchase it anyhow. But what upgrades? what Abilities/suites etc???

I dont mind putting 100-150 points into it but not much more than that as I am still finding them hard to come by.

Regards

LAM
  2. LAM1975

Just on a side note. How does the Lasher work? seems very accurate..... does it have splash damage too?

Also, is the Eidolon viable for HA?
  3. Shanther

Honestly the default Orion is considered one of the best LMGs in the game. Most people suggest you stick with that. If you absoutely can't stand the 50 rounds the only other LMG that I and many other people consider worth using is the SVA-88. The Polaris is okay but the other two LMGs I listed are absolute work horses.

When it comes to Shield and Suit slots, just stick with basics for now. Work on ranking up Nanite Mesh Gen (default shield) and Nanoweave armor. If you don't have medkits already get those first.
    Avoid the Lasher at all costs, just out right avoid it. It is only accurate for the first couple shots you take. It has some degree of splash damage. All of that said, even when you know how to play VERY well the Lasher is still a pain in the ***.

Avoid the Eidolon as well. It isn't really viable for any class that can use it.
  4. _itg

I'd recommend sticking with the default Orion. It's widely considered the best LMG in the game, and by a wide margin.

As for what to invest in, always start with the cheap stuff. Put a few points into medkits (heal yourself, usable on all classes) nanoweave armor (lets you survive another bullet or two), and nano-mesh generator (the special heavy shield). Also, check out the sights available for the Orion in VR, and pick one you like. You'll probably want one of the 1x or 2x sights. If you're willing to spend a bit more, grab a forward grip or laser sight for your Orion. The former reduces horizontal recoil, the latter improves your hipfire.

As for the Lasher, it's actually not very accurate, but it does have splash damage. It's probably the best weapon in the game for suppressive fire, but it's not a great weapon for 1v1s. It's definitely worth playing around with it.

The Eidolon, well, I wouldn't recommend it. There are a handful of people who swear by the battle rifles, but most people think they're crap. You need to be very accurate to do well with them, and the same player could probably do much better by just switching to infiltrator to grab a scout rifle or sniper rifle.
  5. LAM1975

thanks guys. will stick with the basics and spend some certs.

Thanks for the heads up on the Orion too.
  6. Reclaimer77

Sigh...

You know there are other classes right? New players don't always HAVE to be HA....
  7. garret0451

2 ways to play HA.
    1st general. full adrenaline + nano. just plain stupid and effective. if you not killing much players then NMG
    2nd more suited for vanu . resist + capacitor . with orion you'll be nightmare to tr and nc , but it is preemptive shield not reactive like adre or nmg

as for lasher, u call it fun , it can be very effective if you know where to be and where to shoot , as for starters i wouldnt recomend it

battle rifles heavily depends on what server you play . of example :
    miller(i play tr there) - no1 uses them , it's too easy to outshoot it
    emerald(i play vs) - i've seen plenty of them , maybe because tr and nc can't shoot straight , or just having fun.
    but generally not worth investing certs in it
  8. MartenV

The orion is a very good lmg. Buying a new lmg right at the start is most likely a mistake. Buy a 1x first and then put some certs into the overshield and suit slot. I would recommend sticking with the NMG and buy 3 ranks of nanoweave. When you have more certs to spend you can unlock a anti-air lock-on and some attachments for your weapon
  9. Jogido

well, he did say he already put some points in LA and Medic...just wanted to give HA a try too.
  10. Jogido

You may want to consider the 250 cert AA launcher when you can. It'll give you a decent AA option early on
    • Up x 1