Starfire needs a COF nerf...it is just insane now.....

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Domonvoi, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Domonvoi

Never thought I would see something on a Max that was even more OP than NC scattermaxes but VS of all races currently has it.....

This was taken from the NE corner of the VS Virt Reality base standing on the balcony....

[IMG]

If you look closely inside that red square you can barely make out the outline of a TR infantry spawner for those familiar with VR you should know exactly where I am standing and how far away this spawn is.....

With duel starfires with max charge I can OHK every single time without touching the tank inbetween......
    Yes you heard me right.... I can snipe him better then a sniper can without having to control my breathing, adjust for aim, gravity, or anything else.....
  2. gigastar

This is an AV weapon that just happens to be able to kill infantry. Like every other AV weapon in the game.

And using it to snipe infantry has the same drawbacks as sniping with the Lancer, in that it is horrifically impractical due to the charge time and( in this case) complete lack of any optics.

And if the Starfire lost its CoF, and thus its effective range, what use would we have for it over dual Comets?
  3. gudman591

Except no other AV weapon one-shots infantry. Lancer doesn't, other MAXes new AV don't too.

Just nerf it's damage against infantry into the floor instead so it's not only impractical, but useless.
  4. gigastar

Forgetting about the MANA AV turret and the original launchers. But thats your choice, i guess.

If you really think it must go that far, then by all means continue thy quest, ser.
  5. darthfate

check Tr new av weapon b4 you ask for starfire nerf. dual fracture kill infantry in 2 shot, and it has 14 every clip, autometic. If you want to nerf starfire, fracture should be the first
  6. Ranik

4 shot's iirc, slow RoF unless locked down and the fracture has non hitscan round velocity.

So no...
  7. gigastar

In my experience the only way you can kill infantry with a Fracture is if they think theyre immune to explosives and they run directly at you.
    • Up x 1
  8. gudman591

Mana AV is a guided missile and launchers are all effected by gravity. And we're talking about MAXes here. I only compared Starfire to things it actually can be compared to.

Get out until you check your facts.
  9. darthfate

Then go away, leave our starfire there
  10. Ronin Oni

not into the floor...

I could see making 2 hits from starfire = 1 Lancer to Infantry

leave the rest of it alone.

As for "Accuracy"? The NC's new AV is wireguided FFS and can adjust in the air!
  11. darthfate

In my experience the only way you can kill infantry with a starfire is if they think they are immune to snipe and they stay stationary for more than 5 sec
  12. gudman591

That's what I meant by "into the floor" pretty much. This means more or less 4 hits, exactly how Fracture is.
  13. KanoHe

It's insane to hit stationay target without Nanowave armor and cry that it OHK ?
    What VS Max suppose to do when someone gets shot on him ? To just Freaking run away ? Even Bursers have reeealy good chances to kill infantry...
    What is the point of using starfires anyway if it will have reduced infantry DMG as the Lancer and additional COF :
    Noone will buy them as noone bought Glancer...

About Starfires...
    90 dmg per 1 shot till 400m After 400 drop for 75 dmg
    6 ammo per clip... so it's 12 while dual... no extended mag...
    1080 DMG per 2xclip ? REALY OP ? It's not Like Realy big DMG

About Fracture...
    It have extended Mags ... 14 ammo per clip ... 250 dmg rocket..
    So if dual them then 28 ammo, dual bursts for 2x250 DMG = 500 DMG
    So it's like 6000 DMG PER 2xClip
    Combined with Lockdown - IT IS 2xBETTER THAN ROCKET PODS in terms of DMG and Rate of Fire and YOU Telling Thats Fine ? REALY ?
    Sh*t Man Fracture had 500m/s Velocity... WTF ??? Lanced had 600 and starfires 575

About Sparrow...
    WTF is those ? Realy ? I thought Accuracy perk was for VS ... But GNO ?
    2 rockets 1shot infantry, and you can guide it ...
    You know how much rockets Sparrow Will shoot While Starfires will charge for 3 Seconds ?
    8 ******* rockets ... it can pretty much OHK 4 Players while Starfire can OHK only 1 ... But thats Fine Right ?

"VS ARE SUPER OP EVERYTHING IS UP FOR TR AND NC AS ALWAYS"... Stupid Bums...

I demand a buff for Comet and Heg those will be obsolete after Update...
    • Up x 2
  14. darthfate

a 4sec charged starfire shot equal auto fracture shot,you are so smart。

if you mean exactly fracture is then it should be every starfire hit deal 250 damage ,not charged hit。and do not forget to extend starfire clip from 6 to 14。I'm happy to see that
  15. thebigbortishbort

pounder still has more splash damage and more damage for its smaller clip size aswell , so id say it isnt obsulete as you might beleive
  16. Qaz

I'm saying this as a very loyal VS: nerf the range of this thing into the ground, please. Max damage until 250m, and then falloff until 400m. Also, further reduce the AI damage to make instakills impossible at any range.

The same should however also be applied to TR and NC weapons. Sparrow/Fracture range should be around 300. As for the fracture, reduce the velocity already, and massively reduce the AI damage.
  17. Quiiliitiila

Dual comets one shot infantry FAR more reliably than dual starfires. You have to charge the starfires to max level and then hope you hit whatever you're aiming at. If you miss, you have to charge again. Dual comets are much faster and if used correctly can RIP through enemy infantry.

Also, don't dual Sparrows kill if both shots land? They may have nerfed it since the last time I checked.
  18. gudman591

Ugh I'm pretty sure dual Comets don't oneshot infantry. Have to go check it out again... making another toon, meh.
  19. Domonvoi

Cosmos were nerfed just because of the fact that they were AV and not AI.....

I am not asking for a giant cof I just don't see why duel av non-scoped overcharged lancers are that accurate when you consider they were built to hit tanks not infantry at 300m+..... if you adjust it so they are even slightly off you can still rail tanks at long range without a problem.

If everyone here doesn't see a problem with having the new vs max av weapon
    Being the best counter sniper, counter av turret, counter mana gunner,
    then I will sit back and just wait until I see how bad the over nerf is when they hit live....
  20. zedfonsie

The chance of you hitting that 1 pixel 300m away is slim, if you give the starfire a COF then you immediately make it useless at what it's supposed to do, look at the lancer. When it had a COF it was absolute garbage, as soon as they removed it was well worth using it, not OP but worth it.

Do I think they should OHK infantry fully charged? Yes! The comets one hit killed infantry and they didn't have a charge up, of course you had to gauge bullet velocity with those but nothing a bit of practice couldn't handle. The Comets one hit kill nerf was unjust, no one complained about it but its vehicle damage was a joke.