Stalker Cloak to catch ESP hackers

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Reavx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Reavx

Anyone else seen this?

Be 2mins in cloak then bam Dalton (I am the only enemy in the base.. have not made an aggressive move for over 3 mins),
    or
    See a mossie hovering 200m from you looking DIRECTLY at you before deciding to throw a clip of pods on your exact position as you are crouched and not moving in cloak/invisible to all but people REALLY close.

I get the excuse..
    But I saw you before you cloaked :)))))))))
    Stalker cloak idiot- No reply.
    Really.
    I knew people hacked but now I see how rife it is, even with high BR people.
    It's a joke and I hear its worse on other servers apart from mine.

If I were Gms I'd lol around in some kind of permanent crouched stealth on a char and wait until some reject shot me then just ban them.
    • Up x 14
  2. -WHeaties

Or they can be using thermal which is really popular.
    • Up x 3
  3. Kimio

^This
  4. Tycoh

Thermal reveals cloakers now? Never had that happen for me.
    • Up x 17
  5. davoll

Thermal does not reveal cloak actually it makes it harder to see them.
    • Up x 13
  6. Xervous

The ESF is usually using scout radar when it discovers random unfortunate infils...
    • Up x 4
  7. vsae

Stalker cloak is bugged. Sometimes you can see infil's helmet uncloaked.
    • Up x 1
  8. Takoita

From your moving ESF cockpit a hundered meters up in the air? I seriously doubt that.
    • Up x 8
  9. Takoita

We should really check if the Stalker is working properly with termals; wouldn't want that floating head giving off heat signature, right? :)
    • Up x 2
  10. acksbox

Stalker cloaked enemies should, and normally do, not appear at all to thermal. They and all other cloaks are currently totally invisible to thermal, unless they are being shot.

Anyway, while there are certainly occasional ESP hackers, I would not jump to conclusions. A lot can give away your location; you can be followed (I've followed infiltrators half way across the map before), and if people see that there is an enemy in the area on the map, they may fire at likely hiding spots, hoping to hit someone. Most often, with vehicles, it's simply scout radar, which is easily accurate enough to get you killed by someone who is familiar with the area and knows how to zoom in the map.

The invisibility of a cloak, even one that is working like it should, even while crouched, is far from perfect. The wrong kind of background or the right angle of the viewer will still reveal you. Not from 200m, but often from further than people expect.
    • Up x 2
  11. Reavx

For the first two posters as you can see via my vid in my sig I am an avid ESF player as well as infiltrator and I know for a fact that thermal does not and has not shown infils for a LONG time.

As for the floating head bug, yes I've saw it happen twice my self however a dalton at the edge of infantry spawn range and an esf up 200+m in the air.
    The esf him self was practicaly trying to decide as he could not make me out with his eyes he was so far away, If I was cloaked or not.
    He spent 15+ secs hovering at looking at me while I had been cloaked for the past 2mins before he even came here.
    He fired one salvo of coyotes at me, I managed to avoid the main damage but some splash hit.
    He saw that I was cloaked then and decided to fly away and not continue killing me.

The dalton guy was simply blatant I believe it was probably an aimbot too the range he shot at, I heard the lib fly over like 10 seconds after i died.
    He said to me simply this ''I saw you before you pressed the cloak button ^^''
    Sure however when I informed him there was no lib around here 3-4mins ago he quietly logged off.

In any case I believe Stalkers should keep an eye on this as its clear as day when some Noob is cheating.

Sure people can and will get lucky but not what happened to me.
    Random dalton ontop of the only NC player at the TR/VS frontline.

I also have followed stalkers on the move and even found a few crouched and I guess its really hard to find ESP in those conditions.
    However what I'm talking of is either repeated offences or simply blatant 200m+ skillshots.

Past 200m I believe running cloak fails to show up let alone couched or slow moving.
  12. BloodyPuma

I like that topic. Its the same subject ive discussion with a fiew guys of my outfit yesterday.

Actually I gave another try to Stalker just to try if it can help me track people using esp. I sacrifice 10 spawn just to do that.
    I picked rooms with a such cover that people using ESP should go against common sense/safety or logic in order to kill me. Did it on purpouse to be sure that normal person or a bug will not give me out.

Situation looked fairly simply. Im taking a hide. 2-4 minutes nothing - people are running past me dozens and dozens. Some are stanind AFK while llokng at me, some are testing recoil - normal stuff. Then after aformentionet time a "star" comes, run into the room pointing exactly at me and shooting as soon he cuts the corner.

After taking position I did not move, move a mouse or something else.
    If there woule be a bug - I would be killed maybe not by the first person looking at me, but 3-5-10th. Not 50th.

BS detector filled up. Zero move, same position for a long time. No reloading, no switching weapons, no mouse move. Yet suddenly guy runs in the room pointing EXACTLY at my head and shooting while jumping out of the corner. No latency, no Bug, just plain hackers.

Gave it a try 10 times. Died 10 times. Same scenario repeated. BR 60-100. Some of them ive suspected for a long time. Reported as usual.

I kinda wish SOE would add direct report option called "ESP looser".

Ive got an "evil plan".
    As soon as SOE will fix the cloak im gonna dedicate time to expose ESP hackers. Will be recording such actions daily, 20-30 times a day. I dont care about my K/D. If any person will do the same crap twice, he will end up on "weekly" video. For reddit users to see.
    • Up x 12
  13. Niamar

SOE doesn't want to ban the subtle cheaters. They have had the ability to check for and ban the aimbot/esp cheaters but they fail to do this for two reasons.

1. They do not want to allocate the manpower needed to do this, and prefer to use a passive method of cheat detection.

2. Subtle cheaters spend money.

The time to mass ban cheaters is now. How long until the cheats have a toggle for hidden characters?
    • Up x 1
  14. lordtik

Been having fun with the new cloak over the last few days and i have to admit i think there is a lot more hackers than i ever thought. I normally put things that look like some 1 is hacking down to lag or the player being a good player but there has been to many times where people have just ran at me shooting from afar or i get 1 shot killed from a mile away when cloaked.
    after a few days with the new cloak you get a good feel for what you can get away with and where to hide but you just see people break from a group and head towards you for no reason or they just shoot in your direction.
    • Up x 2
  15. iller

This is probably what happened, and it needs to be stopped. It's always been a huge problem and makes no logical sense when you consider that our Darts which have a very limited up-time and radius, can't detect stationary enemies. YET THE SCOUT RADAR WHICH IS ALWAYS ON AT ALL TIMES /w A 200M RADIUS, CAN.

I blame Higby for it.... he's a no-skill Rocket Podding L.A. who hates giving INF's anything. The only time he ever does us any favors is when he's mad at other L.A.'s and wants to punish them for showing him up

Regarding cheats; I've only seen 1 aimbotter since I came back (whom I couldn't record b/c I have WindowsXP and was already over my RAM allotment so the game just crashed instead when I hit record). And maybe 3 BR 100's who were most likely ESP'ing. Though it also could have been from that Head/Weapon visibility bug linked in this Forum. .... It really sucks b/c the whole reason I got this Stalker Stealth was to try and catch these guys. But to find out it's bugged ---bah, I'll probably just stick with playing Medic until they fix it which given past history will be months from now.
  16. Eyeklops

If they won't remove scout radar detecting non-moving cloaked infiltrators, they should add the "you're on radar" icon like PS1 had. That would at least remove some doubt on the ESP vs scout radar subject.

Since the stalker cloak came out, I have been 1 shot out of my tree by a few of suspect high BR tankers. The last one I was non-moving fully cloaked, in a huge tree 20 meters off the ground for at least 5 min. I decloaked once for less than a second and right after I recloaked I got headshot by a tank 75M away. I know there are good players in the game that know where to look, but this wasn't right at all.

1. If the tank knew where somebody was in the tree, why wait until I uncloaked? Why not just start spamming the tree until something dies?
    2. If I were going to write an ESP/aimbot for the everyday subtle hacker, it would wait for stalkers to "expose" and then lock as to reduce suspicion. I can say that this is pretty much what happens. I can sit in a tree 50~100m on the side of a battle, decloak once, instant tank death will follow.

I don't think it's rampant though. Out of my entire weekend playsession (too much time BTW), it only happened a few times.
    • Up x 4
  17. iller

Least they could do, but definitely should be done in any case. < So many +1's go here >
    Radar is a very very conspicuous energy pattern. Especially one that powerful.
    • Up x 1
  18. WarmasterRaptor

Thank you sincerely for your dedication. I'd like to stand next to you, also cloaked, to see it happen :) and report those cheating wh*cough cough*res.
  19. LibertyRevolution

I did this on waterson last night to some NC, but I was hiding in plain sight, on a cap point:

This group of NC on waterson passed the ESP check.

I was really shocked at how well cloak worked, I hear infiltrators complain all the time about how it is useless..
    I don't play infiltrator much, but I'm sure a decent infiltrator would have loved to be me during this video. ;)
    • Up x 3
  20. BloodyPuma

Actually that could be a good grand campaign. "Anti-hacker" duty. Each day one person per server recording stalker-detective mode. Crap, thad would be faster then and more reliable then GMs.
    • Up x 2