Stalker Cloak - I don't play it, but I think it's only Fair..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRunDown, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Ballto21

cloak doesnt faze when you look around, if you are being seen while looking around its most likely because of where youre sitting more than cloak itself.

what happens is when you look around your character model moves, and as a result things like your head and gun change position, and may be cast around a different backround, making it easier to see you

if its not casting half of your model against a different backround, youre probably being looked at by a scrutinizing eye, and this is where you cant balance the game anymore. this is a result of human biology, our eyes are very, very good at discerning movement and subtle changes in the light. its one of the things that has allowed us to survive by being able to realize "Holy **** that bush is moving a small bit that it wasnt before RUN ***** RUN"

cloak is fine as is, only change id like to see done is its sound being turned down
  2. breeje

Balto21 what are you saying now ? the cloak is fine
    all those posts you made all those discussions you made by saying cloak is terrible

and now cloak is fine, what made you change your mind ???
    ooohhh man all those people you pissed off with your treads
    and now everything is fine, the earth stopped spinning around and the stars will fall from the sky

well i agree now with you stalker is fine
    but i secretly hope to have a smg on my stalker for one day :D please DBG only for one day
  3. Jubikus

Side note can i change my cloak to be the way it was this whole uncloak when you click thing has me all screwed up trying to snipe and crap.
  4. Ballto21

dude they buffed cloak like

two months ago

they made it harder to see walking and crouch walking and removed transition times (run>walk>stand>crouch are now instant)

NO, CLOAK IS STILL TERRIBLE AFTER RECENT BUFFS. BUFF MOAR.
  5. Devilllike

Who told you they cant?i have seen some really badass stalkers lol
  6. Foxirus

I agree with the OP, Stalker cloak is a joke and does need a buff. You might as well not even use it if you are going to be moving.
  7. then00b

The only thing every cloak needs is for you to stop screaming out what your spot while cloaked, then you can actually play recon.
  8. oTec

^this. Stalker cloak is fine. Works like a charm unless you get hit/darklight or run trough by a player. Just don't sprint around the map, cloack visibilty is high when running, keep crouched when near enemies. Choose your moments to sprint/move and attack.
  9. Ryoken

Yes you can. You have to go into the config.ini file and change:

DecloakOnFire=1
    AbilityQueueSeconds=1.000000

To:

DecloakOnFire=0
    AbilityQueueSeconds=0.000000
    • Up x 1
  10. Obscura

Give it a less audible sound, maybe buff the range of all knives very slightly maybe just for stalker infil. It's beyond annoying when you spend a long time sneaking up behind their lines and uncloak to kill someone and you end up swinging at air when your a foot away from them, and they turn around and kill you.

If the hit boxes were improved for OHK knives stalker infils would be alot more fun to play imo
  11. breeje

yes your wright i totally forgot about the buff :oops: