SR-7's built-in scope

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kanzy, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Kanzy

Hi everyone,

When I logged in to the game first time after launch I had the starter weapon for infiltrators and an SR-7, it had a built in scope but no info on its magnification, after a few days I decided to try unlock the x12 scope for the SR-7 and found out that although they look different on the rifle, I couldn't notice any difference in the magnification and I hope am wrong, has anyone else noticed this or can shed some light on the matter am a bit confused.
  2. vampwood

Default is 6x.
    • Up x 1
  3. Vepo

There is indeed a different in the 6x and 12x times, that I can indeed tell you as I use the 12x since I got my very first 30 certs ingame on this character :)
  4. Frozennukelsoforum

max zoom on any default gun will never be higher than 6x
  5. Benevon

I was having the same issue with the 10x, then I log on yesterday and it was working right.

Make sure you are actually equiping the new scope and hit resupply.
  6. MadcowwithSwineFlu

I can say I forgot to equip and resuply as well. I wish there were a visual difference in scopes externally that is. Larger magnifications having longer tubes with larger objective lenses.
  7. vampwood

There are different models for scopes actually. Hard to notice the difference though.
  8. Kanzy

Thanks for all the replies guys, I do hit resupply when equipping but with scopes I noticed that it sometimes bugs after hitting resupply you get the new model but the function remains the same, I then need to changs class back and forth to fix it.

I see a model difference between the SR-7 built in scope and the x12 but I think I couldn't notice the difference in range because I tested it at the warp gate looking at surrounding structures and they are probably closer then the max magnification range for x6 that's maybe why I couldn't tell the difference that way.

At any rate all I wanted was to make sure I bought a scope that I didn't need.