[Suggestion] squad/platoon leading with outfit tag

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by freshrebel234, Feb 29, 2016.

1. freshrebel234

hey planetside 2 players and developers

I had this idea about platoons/squads with outfit tags. Recently I joined an outfit tagged squad, but there was no waypoint and the members where all over the map. Since I think about starting an outfit, I was thinking: "if I had an outift, I wouldn't want anybody to lead a squad like this with our outfit tag". Because the outfit tag is for me an assurance that this is a squad/platoon that is playing the style I want to play.

So that made me think how to solve that. First I was thinking, if I just kick that member from my outfit, then the problem is solved. But then I thought if you got the squad lead by accident and you don't know you're squad leading. Then you actually you can't really do something about it.

Then I was thinking, actually you only want certain people to be able to lead squads/platoons with your outfit tag. And that could be solved with an extra function. Something like an extra permission for outfit ranks. So you're like these ranks will be able to lead a squad/platoon with the outift tag. I mean all people can lead a squad but only certain people can use the good/bad name of your outfit.

The positive thing is that an outfit leader can work on a name for your squad. Like some outfits want to run a lot of open platoons where about 80% follows the waypoints and some wants to lead tactical platoons where it's important that every single one of the players follows orders. And now it's even difficult to control who leads an outfit squad/platoon, so it's even more difficult to control which style they're playing. Also players who wants to join the squad/platoon are able to know which squad/platoon is playing how they want to play.

I don't see any disadvantages but feel free to tell me if you think about one.
    A change that has to be made is that all the squads need to get the outift tag from the platoonleader. Otherwise you will get trouble with platoons with a squad leader from a different outfit.

So let me know what you think.