Squad and platoon leaders

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBillOf3D, Jun 11, 2013.

1. TheBillOf3D

If you want to talk down to your members, insult them, or otherwise do your cartoonish caricature of a Hollywood general, at least make sure you are winning when you try that schtick. You are dealing with a volunteer Internet army that just got off work from their real job and straining not to shoot you in the back of the head for being a complete tool.
    • Up x 5
  2. Marinealver

Well some have jobs

lol but yeah the squad leader and platoon leader not to mention the chat and order system all you have to do is throw certspam at it makes for some laughable leaders. Heck even I got those command abilities now and I didn't have to lead a squad for hours to days to weeks to months.

Make me reminiscence for the old Command Exp system that was separate from the Battle Rank exp.
    • Up x 2
  3. Nyscha

Go ahead.

Try and do the job better.

Pubbies don't have a clue what they are doing and when someone tries to co-ordinate you are an elitist jerk or an armchair general.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheBillOf3D

Yet I am squad leader sometimes. But when you hear a platoon leader mock and ridicule a player for asking for a waypoint update, the so-called "leader" is failing at even their most basic job and running people out of the outfit.
  5. Marinealver

I consider myself more of a lag general. When my connection is poor and the game goes all laggy as I watch bodies and vehicles roll around the flashing sky I just bring up the map and see where nearby forces are and drop smoke or send requests or spam the order channel.
    Suggestion for the player would be to switch squads.
    Granted waypoints is something you have to cert in but the only requirement is Br10 so you probably got noobs for squad and platoon leaders. Not to mention the smoke waypoints and mission request icons on map stay there for 4 mins and have a cool down of almost 5 mins. So it is hard to update waypoints all the time. If I get a /t for a request I often r/ stand-by and leav it as short as that.