Spotted a person that moved/hacked with turrets *Miller*

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Felkuro, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Felkuro

Today i logged into Esamir only to be ported around and played with by a hacker.
    This hacker kept throwing me out of the warpgate. Giving me one hell of a birds eye view of the map.

after around 10 minutes this person stopped moving at the speed of light, and i clearly spotted his name and what he was throwing us out of the warpgate with. The base of a anti vehicle turret.

this persons name is G0mba420. I personally find this very annoying. Thinking a game run by SOE gets hacked on this scale, when nothing much is done about it. Your anti hack system is a joke. Even some people in orders chat were spamming the following: Hacker please contact me *email here* and give me hacks i wanna do it to.

This nonsense has been going on for almost a week now and im really getting sick of this.
  2. Gidio

I agree, a lot of us are paying customers and we deserve a decent product. If it's f2p it doesn't mean that you can save on in-game moderators and anti-hack programs, SOE. If there was a moderator online, he would have immediately noticed that all the warpgates were being screwed over.

This is unacceptable, if you release a game, make sure it's really out of beta before you start charging money.
  3. pnkdth

Not putting a single dime into this game till you've sorted this game out, SOE. Seriously, get your act together.
  4. TribbleFluffer

Yeah, i aint putting any money down on ANY of SOE's games...imagine whats protecting the Credit Card Database? An old guy with a cane. :eek:
  5. Yetskii

They still have not banned this guy? He was reported yesterday
  6. jonman

The thing is it will take only a few mins to create a new account, i wouldn't be surprised if they have a few already. In game admins are needed as well as SOE the working on the problem in the background.

If you look at that players details, that account has hardly been used.

Character Created: Yesterday 02:30 PM
    Last login: Yesterday 03:16 PM
    Time Played: 0d 0h 43m

I really enjoy this game, dont want to see it spoiled for the majority of us!
  7. fish998

So the hotfix wasn't to fix this issue after all then, that's pretty disappointing.

Seems a simple fix as well. There's certain data that clients can interact with, i.e. change, and other data they can't. i.e. the server shouldn't be accepting updates on the status (in this case position) of certain items from the player and then changing it for everyone - like buildings for instance.

And obviously a turret is something you can interact with, but the client is sending (and the server accepting) position info for them as well as rotation, whereas they shouldn't be able to change position. So it's just a little bit of code that needs changing on both server and client side so that the server controls the position of turrets, but the client controls rotation/damage etc (within limits established by the server). Likewise the vehicle pads, the client shouldn't be able to control in any way.

It's just a few loopholes really, but ones that have quite an impact.
  8. ChampagneDragon

That must be Gomba's tenth character. He was hacking up a storm on Mattherson for weeks. He'd change the o to 0, then the numbers started getting added. Sorry for those on Miller, but having dealt with him on Mattherson for so long I can't say I'm sad to see he finally changed servers.

GL with keeping him gone.
  9. Zeewulf

Well that just proves what a joke SOE's anti-hack system is then, if he gets banned repeatedly on one server and then just starts on another. In other words SOE ban system = FAIL
  10. Hordak

def starting to look that way. We wan't protection, we wan't hack free gaming and if we can't get hack free we wan't a good detection system. We don't need bans on people playing audio over proxy, that can be fixed by us muting that person or muting proxy. We don't need bans on people with awesome kill streaks like the person with the grenade launcher getting 145 kills and then banned when he was playing legit. That just proves you didn't watch that player before you banned him and that is scary.

We wan't legit detection (as hard as that is to do) we want it. We wan't hackers to have a harder time even getting into the game. It's understandable you get a few losers in but alot of losers have been getting in and that only spreads faster.

We know your working on it but we will continue to stress the issue as long as it stress's us. We love this game. We love you. Please keep working harder to keep these AH's(figure it out) out of the game.