Spiker is insult to injury for VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Paperlamp

At the very least this piece of trash NEEDS a way to disable charging because it screws up the burst fire and makes it very, very clunky and inefficient to use like a normal pistol.

Personally I don't even see the point of putting a charge mechanic on a pistol let alone VS's chance at finally getting a competitive CQC option to stand up to the Repeater and Desperado.

Pistols are mainly for finishing targets off, excluding the infiltrator w/stalker which is a bit of a cheesy/gimmicky playstyle not many people use much. Even w/stalker the burst can't be charged while cloaked anyway, so you'd have to pop out and charge the stupid thing which makes you extremely vulnerable to anyone with ears.

It's just a pointless mechanic that you shouldn't be forcing onto a weapon it doesn't belong on. This is like putting lockdown on a MAX, or a shotgun on a tank. You can't just slap faction trait/mechanics on different things and expect them to get the same benefit out of it.

Would be nice to see some creativity instead of copy/pasting existing faction special mechanics/traits onto things they don't belong on, or if they're all out of creativity, exercise some common sense and don't lazily tack on those mechanics/traits to things they have absolutely no synergy with.
    • Up x 14
  2. sindz

Its pointless at this point in time, the delay between bursts shot makes it way way worse than what TR and NC have.

I dont understand why VS cant get a simple burst pistol. I dont give 2 flying ***** about a charge up function or anything else, I just want a god damn burst pistol.
    • Up x 12
  3. NoctD

Just because other games have charge weapons - it doesn't mean PS2 should too!
    • Up x 3
  4. Sauce Sausage.

Im expecting a +200 indirect damage from it.
  5. Plunutsud pls

Yeah, all we wanted was a high dps burst pistol to compete with the Desperado and Repeater.

I am sick of losing pistol duels to those guns. Will the Spiker change that? Doesn't look like it. Not sure it's even worth 1000 certs.
    • Up x 1
  6. Longasc

It's not bad in mouse button 1 spamming mode. The problem is, it fires when you release the mouse button, it doesn't fire when you click, it fires when you release it and not before.

And this is why I agree that the 2nd fire mode is actually harming the gun more than it does good. And yeah, I also like the Desperado better.
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

we are not excited from ES pistols.. but i personally liked Spiker over Desperado, it has less recoil (yep, with single charge i can't kill AFK:confused:) but it still, nice pistol.
    So overall:
    Repeater still better
    Spiker > any VS pistols
    NC.. :rolleyes:
  8. Elrobochanco

Hey guys, remember when the first pass of the Spiker was up as the Beamer Storm, and it only had a 2x burst mode and could actually be fired more rapidly than a commissioner. Best pistol the VS ever had right up until it was "finished".

:(
    • Up x 8
  9. Paragon Exile

I just want the recoil lowered and the fire delay lowered. Right now it blows. No reason to use it over the Commissioner or Underboss... just like the other VS pistols.
    • Up x 1
  10. WUNDER8AR

I liked the halo grunt pistol. You could spam fire it like the beamer, but you could also charge it up to shoot a big glowing blob of plasma which would deal an entire magazine worth of damage on impact taking 1/2 HP of a Spartan. If we were to get something similar, as in charge for a maximum of 500dmg or maybe 300 direct and 200 splash, I'd be happy with it. Would be cool in combination with EMP grenades. Take their shields down with the EMP and finish them off with one shot. Needs to be charge-able while cloaked ofc
  11. asmodraxus

Unless something changes on it, I'll stick with the NS series weapons as there are straight upgrades to the VS weapons like the Beamer etc.
    • Up x 1
  12. DatVanuMan

Why not have a burst pistol with a semi-auto hitscan mode along with it? That way, we get the best of both worlds.
    Not all VS want a burst you know, and just because the other factions have a burst doesn't mean we should be stuck with one:)
  13. Bassett

needs a damage buff for balance.
  14. NinjaTurtle

Needs to dump half it's mag after charge
    • Up x 1
  15. LIKE A BOSS!

I was saving up for the beamer storm it would've been the best pistol in the game but the idiots came with "WHY U NO 167 DAMAGE?? and ITS NOT A VANU GUN BECAUSE "IT CAN ACTUALLY KILL PEOPLE". These idiots have caused us to have this POS. The Beamer storm was perfect and now look at the POS we got.
  16. minhalexus

Just bring back the Beamer storm with that 2x burst. Period.

And these people were the VS players themselves. VS did to Beamer storm what TR did to Cougar.

Even if you suggest the idea of re-introducing the Beamer storm, there will be VS players asking for something other than a regular burst pistol.
  17. LIKE A BOSS!

The beamer storm was perfect. The idiot forumsiders obsessed with "Its not a vanu gun because it can actually kill things! I want a gun that does 167 damage or "Its just a another burst pistol" AND WHEN CHARGED DOES LASHER DAMAGE.! Those idiots are what caused the POS.
  18. Flashtirade

I remember there being a video demonstrating the charge-up burst mechanic and how it did less damage than just single shots. The thing is a joke.
    • Up x 2
  19. Paqu

I made a small video about the new pistols.

I had high hopes for VS finally getting a good close range pistol and I really tried to like the Spiker. But the more I used it the more I started hating it up to a point where I would rather just use the Beamer.

The firing delay and very low DPS, which is only 1018 (I think only Crossbow has lower DPS than that), are the things that really kills it.
    • Up x 4
  20. dciz2legit

Agreed by all!! this will just be ignored and Vs will get this crap pistol that won't bring in any money for soe