[Suggestion] Spike strips

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Suicidalspectre, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Suicidalspectre

So, tank mines are good and all but it's hard to cover the whole road and still be a threat. I think we need a longer spike strip that does minimal damage but instead either slows light vehicles by popping the tires or mucking the treads or makes them harder to control at high speeds like reversing left and right turning.
    This would give time for lock ons or possibly cause a crash.
    Heavy vehicles and aircraft would ignore the strips causing no effect.
  2. JibbaJabba

EMP mines perhaps?

Just kills the engine and stops all guns from firing for 20 seconds. They coast to a stop and are dead in the water for a few moments before they can move again.

Let players carry about double normal amount of these.

Or only let players carry maybe one, but make it not detectable by implant. *cackle*
  3. GotBuds

I like this!
    Would love a temporary EMP mine that disables vehicles for a short time, make it an AOE blast as well so 1 mine can realistically hit and impair 2-3 vehicles.

Now where I think people will disagree with me here, I think it should only be available to infiltrators, seeing how they have zero AV capability, and since these cause no damage, it causes no imbalance for infils to have. It does though make infils highly sought after to forward recon the armor push and set up ambushes for their team.
  4. Nogrim313

if you going to do an emp mine and make it worth a damn, it needs to actually take out a vehicle. what i would suggest is adding a second health meter to vehicles as EMP health. emp mines (and potentially weapons) would damage that health pool instead of the physical health of the vehicle.
    when your EMP health hits Zero the vehicle is disabled until fully repaired by an engineer.
    that way the systems to make an emp mine, are reusable with future weapon options or to buff established ones like the archer or less used launchers.

personally i think mines are kind of useless on such a small scale and with how visible they are. i dont think you should be able to see mines at all with out the implant.
  5. LaughingDead

Actually causing a heavy vehicle to stand still for several seconds can outright kill the vehicle in question or it can be a minor nusance.

I prefer the spike stripe idea in which it would only cause sunderers, harassers and flashes to slow down and lose control. As those are vehicles with either utility or large amounts of mobility. Sunderers moving slower or more out of control would be a hinderance on a convoy to protect that sunderer and it would open up some counterplay.
    Harassers and flashes moving on the spike strip would be hindered in mobility until repaired, that is to say, completely countering wraith flashes by significantly lowering their mobility and better countering harassers using their mobility to strafe around a tank or take long range potshots.

I think it's a good idea verses tank mines against mobile targets that could otherwise easily avoid them.