Specs plausible to play Planetside 2 in the future?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DeMemoire, Nov 22, 2012.

1. DeMemoire

Currently, the laptop I'm using has GT 630m (Which I understand is considered to be medium-low tier), Intel I-7 and 8gb of ram.

So at the moment, this game is unplayable for me. With all settings on low or off, I get around 20-25 fps, but because the texture quality is so low, the screen is too blurry for me to make out anything.

I'm curious to know if there is a chance the game can be optimized to a point in the future where I can play this game? Since technically my video card does qualify with the minimum specs. Thanks for reading.
  2. TheOneDragon

Its probably not likely, any intense optimizations probably will be few and far between since the game has been released, thus it is no longer in its testing phase. The minimum is the minimum, take it as it is or venture else where, probably not a good idea to be running this game on a laptop to begin with unless its designed for gaming, otherwise you run a high risk of blowing your videochip in the laptop due to overheating.
  3. Talrune

The fact is that the human eye perceives the typical cinema film motion as being fluid at about 18fps, because of its blurring.
  4. Talrune

The Human eye for example can watch a cinematic HD movie and in fluid motion detects 18fps anything more then 10+ above that is pointless.
  5. DeMemoire

@TheOneDragon I see, well that is really unfortunate because this is one of the games I was extremely excited for upon initial reveal. But honestly it baffles me how poorly this game is optimized from reading other threads from individuals with even current generation video cards. *sigh* oh well...
    @Talrune hmm I thought most cinematic movies were around 24fps? But yes, I have played games on 60fps, and then turned on fraps to record. Fraps would lock the fps to 30 and I could definitely feel a huge difference
  6. Power12

[System Specs]

MOTHERBOARD INFORMATION
    Manufacturer:ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    Model:MAXIMUS V GENE 1.XX
    Bios:1204

PROCESSOR INFORMATION
    Manufacturer:Intel
    Model:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (Not OverClocked)

System RAM
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8.2 GB (Not OverClocked)
    DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Timing 9-9-9-24
    Cas Latency 9
    Voltage 1.5V

GRAPHICS INFORMATION
    Graphics Product:[1]NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (Not OverClocked)
    Video Memory:3.9 GB
    Driver Version:9.18.13.697 (No Beta)

Operating System (O/S)
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (64-bit) (Clean Install)

System Maintenance
    (Cleaned up every Week) Virus,Spyware and Mailware Free.

[End of system Specs]

[How Does Software program Run]

Program
    PlanetSide 2 PC Game

Runs
    Smooth No Prob

[End of Software program run]