Spawn xp changes, need readjusting for people actually on point.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Oct 1, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

Now let me start off by saying that the idea is fantastic, rewarding spawn campers with 0xp and soon enough 0 kills as well. This is great, no dispute. The 0 kill credit will be coming is future update

The issue is the spawn timer on a freshly spawned player is 12 seconds. In many bases that is enough time to reach the cap point from the spawn room.

This means that you can be defending the objective 'NOT' camping the spawn and be still rewarded with 0xp and 0 kill credit. This is an issue.

Punishing spawn campers = Good
    Punishing players playing the objective = Bad

This will get very annoying very fast.

Thoughts?
    • Up x 6
  2. Fellgnome

Why would you be sitting on an objective waiting to get grenade spammed rather than covering spawn exists to prevent defense from pushing out and capping?
    • Up x 1
  3. NinjaTurtle

You can be defending the objective, cap point, generators, SCU etc without actually being on the point to get grenade spammed.

Point is if you are defending it instead of pointing your gun at a spawn shield you will get nothing for it
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

He just said that. He's searching for a proposal to encourage the appropriate actions as much as the arguably undesireable but necessary behavior. Ever have an enemy sneak onto the point and then everyone makes a panicky run to get there because no one was on it? or in a situation the S-AMSes all explode because no one is defending them or watching the perimeter for incoming reenforcments?
  5. Govedo13

Sitting on point XP should be removed because nothing stops stalker to sit on point A Holling Pass /Tech/AMP afking and getting 150 spm.
    Sometimes contested base fight take hours.
    • Up x 1
  6. Fellgnome

In the many small bases in PS2, there is only spawn camping to be done. Practically anywhere you are, you are spawn camping at some bases. Take Abandoned NS, Ceres Hydro, or hell, any tower and you can be under 12s away from combat in so many places.

The change is just plain terrible. "Punishing spawn campers" is not a good argument since it's hard not to be a spawn camper. We shouldn't need reduced XP on any targets. Spawn camping is a base design issue above all else, not something to blame / punish players for. The fix is to create sensible, defensible bases with decent spawn locations/exits and/or implement more non-static spawn options.

And I will still be parking my viper lightning and spamming into spawn exists after this change. IDGAF about the XP.
    • Up x 2
  7. cruczi

Fully agreed. SOE's logic is completely upside down. All they're doing is looking for an easy way out and a bandaid solution when they should be redesigning problem bases so that spawn camping wouldn't be an issue.

There are already many bases with decent flow of battle and almost no spawn camping with equal populations. But there are at least as many bases where it's impossible to capture the base effectively without also suppressing the spawn room, not to mention attacking enemies who exited the spawn room 12 seconds ago.
    • Up x 1
  8. LibertyRevolution

I already killed 2 guys on a point that were worth 0xp..
    I saw this fail coming soon as they posted the patch notes, even commented on it on the official feedback thread on page 1..

VERY ANNOYING
    • Up x 1
  9. Zotamedu

It's often much better to defend the actual point or the area surrounding it than the spawn room. Only camping the spawn room is a great way not to win fights. It is only halfway decent if you have a large numerical superiority. If the fight is even or the defenders have half a brain, camping the spawn will lose you the fight. Same thing over and over again but people refuse to learn. Kind of sad that the only way to get people to play halfway intelligent is to adjust the XP reward for killing people.
  10. cruczi

FTFY. The issue is with base design.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ronin Oni

Seems an easy fix....

100xp OR moved 50m from spawn location?

Also, keep in mind, currently revives still count as spawn kills.... so someone might have just been revived too and that's a short term issue that should be getting patched out soon.
  12. R6xSNAKExBOXESx

Malorn said on reddit I do believe that they plan on making it so thatwhen the person starts damaging or capturing or supporting or essentially anything I do believe that the spawn protection will go away and that's why they haven't taken away the kill credit yet.
    • Up x 1
  13. cruczi

Why can't they just design the feature fully and then implement it. Releasing it in an incomplete state only results in complaining (who would've thought!)
    • Up x 3
  14. LibertyRevolution

The patch notes say that in the future there will be changes.
    The future is too long to wait when it comes to medics rezzing zombie armies on the point..

Seriously, wait until the first biolab fight tonight at primetime, the forums are going to be nothing but rage posts.

I am half expecting to see the SPM chart have a drop in it like the headshot % graph after the valk update.
    Because right now on live, players have to earn 100XP, or 12secs before they are worth more than 0XP..
    So that rezzed zombie that is shooting you, unless he kills someone first, he is worth nothing when you kill him.
  15. Zotamedu

No that's the lazy answer given by players who like being farmed outside the spawnroom by players they cannot shoot back at. Then they cry on the forums for being farmed from behind the spawn shields when they only have their own stupidity to blame. There is never any reason to hang around in line of sight from the spawn. Focusing on camping the spawn instead of locking down the point and any generators is always a bad idea. If you have been doing that, you have been doing it wrong.
  16. cruczi

"Players who like being farmed"? Includes no one ever.

In case you didn't notice, enemies don't count for XP until 12 seconds from spawning. I don't have to be in LOS of the spawn room or anywhere near it to encounter enemies that are worth 0 XP.
  17. LtSqueak

What about the couple of towers left that have a point inside? You can literally see the enemy come out of the "hallway of death" from the point, which I believe is now the edge of the spawn room.
  18. Zotamedu

You missed the discussion I was having with another player. We are discussing a tangential matter and not the original one.

As for statement about players being farmed. It must be true since there are so many people who line up to get repeatedly shot in the face from behind a spawn room shield. It's been like that for as long as the game has been around. Every base, the same story. Flip the point and then the large herd of lemmings rush to the spawn room to be farmed while doing nothing useful. In the meantime, the smarter people from the defending side use either teleporters or tunnels to get to a place that is not defended (mainly Amp Stations), they organise a MAX crash or they simply pull a Galaxy from the Warpgate and drop on the mostly defensless point. In all these cases, the people hanging around the spawn room gets stomped and the entire assault has been pushed back to the Sunderers. I have seen the same thing over and over and over again. The smart outfits make a point of holding the strategic points. That is the generators and the capture point. They are the ones that get stuff done.
    • Up x 1
  19. R6xSNAKExBOXESx

Yeah perhaps a tad bit but that seems to be how SOE likes to work. Though at least the kills still count stat wise for now.
  20. DatVanuMan

I don't see how a sniper perched on a cliff with a perfect view on a Sunderer is a spawn-camper. It's called being strategic, in a way...
    The timer is ABSOLUTE crap. Bring it down to eight seconds, because everyone knows that 12 is far too much time.