[Suggestion] Spawn room immunity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Redwave, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Redwave

After the latest game update the spawn room shields got an increase in how far they affect you, but it hasn't stopped enemies from spawn camping. So to avoid this I was thinking of giving players that spawn in the spawn room and enter the room immunity or a shield that doesn't let the players take damage for a short period of time so they do not get spawn camped. Also, if you go up on the roof of the spawn room it counts as leaving it, so the shield/immunity time will run out. So what do you guys think?
  2. Serialkillerwhale

No.

Keeping people suppressed in spawn is part of the game, and how you stop an infinitely-respawning enemy from retaking a point.
    • Up x 4
  3. HadesR

Well last patch there was supposed to have been a pain field increase .. But I haven't seen it .. Bases I've fought at on indar, Amerish , Esamir are just the same as pre-patch.

So either it never happened
    or it's bugged ( no **** )
    • Up x 3
  4. MotionBlured

Instead of trying to fix the problem, we should be doing something about the causes.
  5. Redwave

Then with what you have said I think some bases may be bugged because yesterday I was fighting at TI Alloys and there is a panel I used to get on to flank enemies and it works, I couldn't stay there.
  6. HadesR

Must be .. Because every base where the spawn room still has a roof still allows LA's to perch on the edges .. Been zero increase ..
  7. Redwave

That's why I think that the immunity buff is a good idea because it will make enemies back away because they will be killed the buff would last about 10-15 or so. Enough time to not get spawn camped and not enough time to cap a point.
  8. Redwave

Yeah but then I ask, where would the fight be? Nowhere. Because they would be kept in the spawn room.
  9. Serialkillerwhale

And?

When you need to cap more than anything else, and there's no SCU to blow, what else would you have us do? And how else do we defend biolabs from teleport rooms?
  10. Redwave

Well I do believe spawn camping is necessary when there is an alert and say there is a tie or what ever the frustrating case may be, sure that is the only method to win. But every freaking time!? Do you have an idea how frustrating that is to a lot of people. They just end up leaving the damn base.
  11. Serialkillerwhale

So, if you had a way to guarantee you can hold the enemy at one point where you could easily watch every direction he came out of barring someone driving a sundie or gal from another base, while the cap timer ran out, would you not do it?
  12. Redwave

Honestly and I'm just being completely honest... I don't care really about the spawn room, the point, or even capping a base because I play light assault 99.99% of the time and I just think and care about killing.
  13. ComradeHavoc

Or you know, add a SCU gen to every base forcing spawn room warriors to defend instead of camping. At least if a base is taken, you won't have the spawn room stragglers for the last 3 minutes or so.
    • Up x 1
  14. Redwave

Not sure if that would distract them from the spawn room because let's say there's two platoons. One and spawn camp, another can defend their SCU.
  15. ComradeHavoc

The point isn't distraction, the point is to get the defenders to defend or redeploy, regroup, and counter attack. The SCU should be very close to the spawn room, and it's just an incentive.
    • Up x 1
  16. a-koo-chee-moya

Just make it so you don't get any xp while inside spawn and give players massive xp if they get kills soon after leaving spawn.
    • Up x 1
  17. andy_m

I am the President (self elected) of the Spawn Room Warriors Association and it is my duty to pull up all posters here that slight our cause.

We consider our task, of staying in the Spawn Room until the cap counter reaches 00:10, a most educational one for those outside. We teach new players (and old for that matter) that if you simply stand there looking at a window or door way you are going to get your head blown off. And, Engineers, you are NOT safe sat behind your little AI MANA Turret. One shot from a BASR and you are dead meat.

Also, while we are so called "camped" in our Spawn Room, it keeps the attention of the enemy on us so that a crack squad of TDM Super Heroes can be flown in by two or three Gal's and retake the point while no one is looking (well, in my dreams anyway).
    • Up x 2
  18. DJStacy

But then I wont be able to sticky gren res victims that rise and run inside with my gren taking out most of the spawn room ....... Many kills and much laughter.

When your camped just redeploy, unless you can muster a crash. Or do what I like doing and redeploy back a base or two, grab a mossie as a LA/Eng hit the flight ceiling and drop out on those wall hugging mags facing the spawn room with your C4/mines............

When a spawn room is camped by lots of one way facing noobs its rather easy to take advantage of them, just redeploy and return from a diff direction for easy certs.
    • Up x 1
  19. Tuco

mind=blown
  20. Tuco

By the time you realize you need to "redeploy, regroup, and counter attack," the very short 4 minute capture timer has already run out and the base is loss. So enough with your "redeploy, regroup, and counter attack" crap already.
    • Up x 1