[Suggestion] Spawn at any owned base!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crator, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Crator

When I'm at a warp gate and don't care to fly/drive to the front line base I wish to go to currently I have to redeploy too many times, unless the base I want to deploy to has over 50% enemies at it.

What would be nice is if you could select any owned base you wish to spawn at and it adds on x amount of time to spawn there. For example if you are 5 spawn points away in the lattice to the base you want to end up at it will take 10 seconds for each spawn point for a total of 50 seconds.
    • Up x 1
  2. Taemien

It'd be quicker to get in a Galaxy. In fact that's what Galaxies are for. Use'em.
  3. FateJH

With your nose pointed in the correct direction, it'll always be faster to fly an ESF to that base directly, AA-allowing. At full throttle, it only takes a few seconds over a minute to fly across any of the continents.
    He can also transport other wayward souls to the front lines like that and get experience from the people they kill. I miss those Warpgate buses from near the end of Beta.
  4. PlanetBound

Plus it would defeat ghostcapping if all you had to do was pick the base to immediately defend.
  5. Crator

Nah, I don't care for planes and it's a waste of resources imo and I just don't do planes that often. I'll just keep redeploying...

And to address the statement PlanetBound made, it wouldn't defeat ghostcapping or change any dynamic that the game currently has because the amount of time required to get to the destination should be equivalent to the time it would take for you to manually redeploy until you get there.
  6. JudgeNu

It is like this because of Redeployside.
    It is to limit, somewhat, how fast you can get to another base on a separate lattice to defend it by redeploying.
  7. Crator

I'm aware of redeployside. This is why I stated there would be a time limitation in place based on how many lattice hops you have to make.

*Sorry I'm not replying directly to other's posts. For some reason when I click the REPLY button it doesn't do anything...
  8. Shiaari

No. A thousand times no.

This game has vehicles in it for a reason. Allowing players to further sidestep the already barely useful vehicle combat outside Sundy Wars is a terrible idea.

If anything spawn locations need to be further restricted. Vehicles need to be vital in moving forces across the map, not trivial. Your movement between facilities needs to be problem for you to solve that involves dealing with hostile vehicles.

As it stands there is little reason to actually execute strategic maneuvers. It's all tactics all the time. That needs to change. Vehicles are this game's strategic weapons. You shouldn't even be able to redeploy to the next base on the lattice, only to the spawn room or Sundy in the region you occupy.
  9. Hipshot27

I would not be terribly opposed to this if it only applied after logging in.

That said, I'm not a big fan of redeploy, I think that death and distance should mean something. In my opinion there should be redeploy tokens that are capped out and regenerate like nanites.
  10. TheFlamingLemon

I think it'd be cool to be able to redeploy to any uncontested facility, so that redeploy-side wouldn't get a buff here.
  11. Geddes

suggestion:remove redeploy, make logistics an actual thing, if people want to take advantage of respawning instead of moving their lazy *** to another fight /suicide and take the kd hit.
  12. AZAN

To be honest I would prefer it if they made it harder to redeploy rather than easier. If a team has a strong base which cant easily be spawn camped now, they know they can ignore it until it needs to be defended.

Having said that the redeploy feature is necessary to reduce the waiting times which would otherwise drive away many players.

Personally my own preference is to as you say allow for redeploying anywhere on a connected lattice but require a resource cost to do so. Maybe 150 resources per lattice link. That lets infantry players do what they want but they cant do a massive transfer across the map and then spawn in tons of vehicles/maxes.