Sparrows are a bit much

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devrailis, Apr 25, 2013.

1. MilitiaMan

We are getting Sparrow???

What about Starfire?
  2. Bloodskull

I'm going to be completely honest. They need to make AV weapons more usable on infantry, just don't make them as good as AI MAX weaponry. They even said themselves that they wanted to see MAX combinations beyond just dual weilding AI,AV, or Bursters.

However, I hope to God we don't get another overpowered weapon. I can't take the TR tears now as it is.
  3. MilitiaMan

Hacksaw + Sparrow....

COME AT ME BRO!
    • Up x 1
  4. Bloodskull

That really does sound fun though. :eek:
  5. Devrailis

It looks like they just did a hotfix in Test Server and changed up the Sparrow.

Instead of 1 round magazines, default Sparrow is 5 shots. Requires 4 Sparrow shots (2 from each arm) to kill standard infantry now.
  6. Bape

Yes 1 sparrow should not insta-gib infantry but 2 which is 2 arms should instagib an infantry direct hit not splash damage.
  7. Armchair

SOE has been pretty clear that they new gear isn't even close to final. Why is this being discussed in general discussion instead of test discussion?
  8. Zaik

yep, so this discussion should be in the test forums, since they're not live yet.
  9. MasterTater

Yea might be good reason to stop overall - I am growing pretty sick of NC getting the most brokenly overpowred and superior weapons in almost all areas and for all situations while TR but especially VS are so fked with their trash equip that I completely avoid going against NC overall.

But go on - give the completely broken OP sparrows to NC - the Faction which already soaked up the loosers switching to the easiest mode faction with the most built in advantages like +30% dmg on all weapons, best of armor, etc. So its logical to milk the cow on the side with the most players but funny enough did not nerf a sheit so far to a level where game play could be considered balanced at a minimum across equivalent weapons when played on the OP NC side.

But hey - just another person leaving this game behind.

And if another "hero" wants to place his backwarded comment:
    "The door is more likely to hit YOUR face on my and a lot of other peoples' way out than it would hit my back."
  10. Devrailis

At the moment, a direct hit with both arms will knock off all shields and do about 10% Health Damage. The second volley will kill them. The Refire rate on the Sparrow is fairly quick, much faster than a falcon reload. If you have an infantry lined up in front of you, you can still easily gib them in about 2 seconds. The reload on the Sparrow is also fairly quick.

I'm not sure if Sparrows are actually getting extended mags or not but those put the Sparrow's magazine size up to 9.

Aside from the Vanguard which has slightly more armour + the shield, there isn't a whole lot the NC has that is actually "tankier". That's kind of a myth that gets spread around a lot. The Reaver most certainly isn't tankier than the other ESFs, the NC heavy doesn't get a larger overshield, the NC's MAX hasn't gotten its shield just yet. Aside from the MBT (which is the lowest scoring of the 3 faction's), there really is no case where NC is more "tanky".

But yes, you are correct. Most NC players are losers who rely entirely on crutches and are unable to play the game properly. If you were to remove all NC players from the game, the average skill level of the remaining population would rise dramatically.
  11. Frosty The Pyro

well you are getting things with the names sparrow and starfire.
    • Up x 1
  12. ACE McFACE

I think the real issue here is why the Breaker gets Slug Ammo
  13. Bape

As long as I can snipe I use the falcon to snipe infantry and im pretty good with it as long as it quick enough and precise don't care if it can't 1 shot them.