Sound quality weapons, aircraft, tanks decreases in the last patch?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Brasil, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Brasil

I have good headphones and good sound card. I noticed that the sound is low, with lower quality.
    • Up x 1
  2. dezusa

I havent read any patch notes regarding any sound changes, so yeah, its probably SoE screwing up the game as per usual.
    • Up x 1
  3. baka

Now that you mention it... I had not noticed anything, but my wife looked at my screen last night and asked if that was the same game I had been playing. Her words, "It sounds different".
    • Up x 1
  4. Zerull

I have noticed that the sound quality seems low, very compressed. Definitely noticeable with headphones. I'm also running into an issue where my sound channels reverse or merge while playing. It is very disorienting when it happens. Restarting the game or messing with the assigned sound card in the settings seems to fix it for a little while.
    • Up x 2
  5. chevyowner

I have not noticed lower quality or volume. Then again my speakers are loud enough that I need to have the master volume in-game at 0.50, and limit the volume in the volume mixer to 35 just to have the game quiet enough to be acceptable.
  6. Brasil

I did some tests, the audio was compressed, ps2 is regressing.

The sound of gunfire, explosions and motors is now poor.
  7. itechen2

what the heck man, i have onboard realtek sound and a low end headset i bought on ebay for $12 and even i could tell the difference the moment i loaded the game after patching

admittedly i did think it was just voice packs at first that got trashed from the update, but to be fair i have all the volumes turned down to %40 percent and usually have voice chat program running with the volume up on that and play with friends.
    • Up x 1
  8. Brasil

the sound is bad, looks like I'm playing a game of own browser
  9. kickasspipes

noticed same thing here. wtf are they doing in dev?
  10. chevyowner

If it just the voices I turned them off sometime ago :p
    I am also using a realtek onboard sound card with the audio rate at 24 bits 192khz, and a really nice set of desktop speakers.
    • Up x 1
  11. Mythologicus

As it stands currently, I can't bear to play with sound.
  12. Problem Officer

Yup, I find the voice callouts noticeably lower quality than before.
    Also some cases of them being played multiple times, and it's difficult to determine their source.
    • Up x 1
  13. yasinzz

yeah man, first low quality callouts like man talking in half life 1 then i reinstalled planetside , game sounds decrased very very low almost i cant hear
  14. maxkeiser

I hope this isn't anything to do with the PS4.

The PC code and PS4 code should be entirely separate, imo. The PC will always be able to deal with more stuff, better. The PC version should not be made worse just to shoe-horn it onto the PS4.
  15. itechen2

omg i made the same comment to a friend of mine last night, and i think this is the reason. perhaps it is developers cutting corners or cross platform compatibilty or even file integrity checks to make sure that game files are not being altered by hacks and so they need to have ps4 and pc files to be the same, who the hell knows, regardless, it is lame.

once again we have a perfect example of consolization at work here, console industry holding up the rest of the gaming industry. :rolleyes:
  16. Clompy

I noticed it instantly. Ingame voices are tinny and much lower quality. It has really lowered my enjoyment of the game.
    • Up x 1
  17. SGT-Bilko

ALL of my in game audio chat is down as of last patch. This has become common for me, and my outfit, thus not local, so I will not point fingers at the patch. On the other hand my general overall sound did take a nose dive on foreign servers since the patch. I notice direct correlation between my connection rate and my buzzy laggy or even silent clips as far as sound problems. Hope this helps :)
  18. IcEzEbRa

I noticed same thing, thought my headphones were going bad, then tried the Razer 5.1 emulation program from https://www.planetside2.com/feed
    did not seem to help with volume, but ingame sfx did seem to actually sound better. Ingame voice chat channels occasionally don't work for me also.
  19. SGT-Bilko

Yeah for me all audio chat went down post patch. When one goes down, another is usually functional. Today, not the case. Everything from proximity to outfit was broken. Unlike chat, the gameplay sound bugging/glitching seems directly related to connection/speed/rate issues. Try solving that and you might get lucky. Best of luck. And remember, it is not always you, or something you can fix, so IF you change something and nothing improves, try your best to document what to change back to default or previous settings what you changed.
  20. Jagerbomber9

Bump... What the hell, this sounds awful now, SOE...
    • Up x 1