Sound of Silence - The Infiltrator's Outfit

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Death Reaper, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Death Reaper

[IMG]
    Who We Are
    In simplest terms, an outfit based entirely around the Infiltrator class - and by extension, stealth tactics and operations. This outfit was founded to further a goal; to give us who main as Infiltrators a place where we don't have to "lone-wolf" to be effective; a place where stealth and numbers can coincide; a place where you're surrounded by people who share your playstyle and know how to be effective. It's no secret that many outfits frown on Infiltrators in their squads, and truthfully, being an effective Infiltrator is difficult when the rest of your squad is often detonating hackable terminals for the extra XP or following you around with their unsuppressed carbines. Bearing this issue in mind, myself and several other Infiltrators came to the conclusion that a solution was required, and thus Sound of Silence was born.

What We Offer You
    A chance to join up with like-minded individuals and make Planetside 2 history. Ever since launch, the Infiltrator has been considered the soloist class; due to that conventional belief, nobody ever got around to thinking about how the class could be used in ways other than going it alone; Galaxies dropping cloaked soldiers en masse, waves of cloaked Flashes leading an attack, and entire squads of snipers designated for footzerg suppression are but a few examples of the tactics previously overlooked. We will pioneer a new field in a game where the vast majority of tactics have already been fully fleshed-out; we will tip the balance of strategy with what we are capable of; we will revolutionize how the Infiltrator class is looked upon. And we will have an enjoyable experience doing it, every step of the way.

What We Require of You
    • If this doesn't go without saying, we must insist that all applicants are capable and comfortable with running the Infiltrator class at all times. There are plenty of outfits out there for other classes, and we would appreciate that you respect the nature of this outfit should you choose to join it. There will be room for a very select few Medics to revive CQC Infiltrators and Engineers to supply ammo boxes for snipers, but you will still need to be competent as an Infiltrator, and prove that you can run a Medic or Engineer without compromising the rest of the squad.
    • Suppressors are a necessity on every gun you use except for sniper rifles and NS pistols. Words cannot express how quickly unsuppressed fire at close or mid range can get you and the rest of your squad discovered and killed, and we want to avoid that as much as possible. If you can't afford a suppressor, we expect that you will cert into one as soon as possible, and - preferably - work as a sniper until you do.
    • Microphones are not a requirement, but being able to hear other players' microphones is. The degree of coordination our tactics require necessitates that you know what is being said and can respond quickly.
    • Enjoy yourself. Taking the game seriously doesn't equate to playing the game like a second job, and the last thing we want is for things to feel repetitive or like a chore. Have fun, be able to take a joke, and don't be concerned with stepping on anyone's toes - we're all relatively mature people, and can take what someone says on the internet at the nonexistent value it has.
    How to Join
    Assuming the rest of this post didn't scare you away, our application process is simple; contact me or another SOFS member in-game or through the forums, and show us that you meet our requirements - all this truly entails is showing your loadout and confirming that you want to join and are willing to log a lot of hours as the Infiltrator class. There's no long ordeal here, as that would only serve as frustrating and entirely unenjoyable. We're here to play a game and have fun doing it, and our minimalistic application process is designed to reflect that.
    So, what are you waiting for?
    This outfit is going to mark the start of a new era in Planetside 2, and we at SOFS sincerely hope you'll be with us to take part in it.
  2. VSDerp

Join now!!!!! bumpp
  3. VSDerp

Bump still looking for fellow infiltrators..
  4. Lavaflow

I'm no infiltrator, but I'm hoping that these guys will succeed. Any outfitless infils, please try them out.
    • Up x 3
  5. VSDerp

thanks Lavaflow. appreciate that fellow vanu!
  6. VSDerp

Bump still looking for members.Join us in battle !
  7. Granderil

Sounds good, but sadly i play on Cobalt :(
    • Up x 2
  8. VSDerp

no problem:D hopefully soon we can play together server transfers btw lol
  9. Cursedx3

If you have an extra character slot make a char and join us until server transfers. ;D
    • Up x 1
  10. VSDerp

good idea ^^
  11. Death Reaper

- Time of Silence -
    A Public Operation
    In an effort to expand our member-base, Sound of Silence will be hosting an operation designed to give veteran Infiltrators and new players to the class alike a chance to see what we here at [S0FS] are all about. There are a lot of amazing Infiltrators out there who have yet to find an outfit they click with, and there are many other players who are undecided as to whether or not they should attempt to pick up the class; this event will be a chance for anyone to not only try out our outfit, but to experience playing as an Infiltrator in an efficient and effective manner. If you happen to like what you see and choose to join up with us, we highly appreciate it; that being said, though, you're more than welcome to come along for the ride even if you're already loyal to another outfit. Above all else, we're here to have a good time with a good class in the company of good people - and we won't allow recruitment to get in the way of that.
    What It Will Be
    A public exhibition of what exactly it is that we've been rambling about all this time; the unexplored ability of Infiltrators in large numbers to surmount any obstacle. In simplest terms, we will be demonstrating Infiltrator-specific tactics, lending our advice to anyone who wants it in regards to playing as an Infiltrator, and making a lasting impression on the TR and NC who happen to cross our path. We will still require that you are willing to run as an Infiltrator, naturally, but other than that there will be no restrictions involved. This will be the chance to bear witness to masses of cloaked Flashes baring down on a facility; this will be the chance to experience cloaked Infiltrators Galaxy-dropping directly into the center of a fight and turning the tables of war; this will be the chance to participate in what has the potential to be the largest gathering of dedicated Infiltrators that the Mattherson server has yet to see.
    When and Where It Will Be
    Sunday, May 12th, One P.M. Eastern Standard Time; we will be congregating on the second floor of the Indar Warpgate building before departing for whatever happens to be the most favorable location.
    ----
    We hope to see as many people as possible drop by, and if all goes well then we'll hold these in greater frequency. Pass the word along if you happen to know anyone who would also be interested in participating, and even if you can't make it, feel free to post and suggest a better time or day of the week for this to occur in the future. We exist as the catalyst to bring about the dawn of the Infiltrator's era, and any advice as to how to better serve that purpose is not only welcome, but appreciated. Best of luck to all, and let's make tomorrow a day that won't soon be forgotten.
    • Up x 2
  12. VSDerp

BUMP still looking for fellow infiltrators..join us
  13. Valena

I was thinking of making an outfit like this myself, but now that I see someone's already gotten on it I'd be happy to join! I'll send you a tell in game when I see you :D
    • Up x 1
  14. Cursedx3

Damn beat me to it...Was just about to bump the thread too. xP
    • Up x 2
  15. Cursedx3

You can whisp me and I can see if I can invite ya. ;D
    • Up x 2
  16. VSDerp

u can be the official thread bumper now lol
    • Up x 1
  17. Cursedx3

Lol Do I smell a promotion?~ :>
    • Up x 1
  18. VSDerp

probably smell my dog since he just farted ! FRIENDLY BUMP lol
  19. VSDerp

BUMP we're still looking for fellow infiltrators.it doesn't matter what rank you are or your skill level. we play to have fun ! join us
  20. VSDerp