Sorry, this is not a MMOFPS.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilDun

You can call it a MMOFPS as soon as enemies render beyond 300 meters. What is this ********? Fly a liberator up high, try to bomb people, but OH WAIT PLAYERS DO NOT RENDER
    • Up x 3
  2. Phrygen

sorry, your post is not a post.
    • Up x 17
  3. PhiladelphiaCollins

Get a better computer.
    • Up x 3
  4. KlyptoK

Ignorance.
    • Up x 28
  5. MFP_TK_01

That won't help. 300 meters is the render distance for infantry, period. However, troops aren't the only thing on the ground, and a Dalton with 3x zoom at 700 meters can destroy a lot of tanks.
  6. indianahoops

So, you want to sit in a plane a mile away from people and bomb them into the ground with no threat to yourself?
    • Up x 5
  7. Arquin

Prejudice.
  8. mina5

sorry , you are wrong in here . good computer effects greatly on render distance .
    i dont have any problems whit render distance
  9. MFP_TK_01

Well, yes, to be frank. But we wouldn't be threat free what with bursters and ESF's, we would just have less threat than at 300 meters with 8 lock-on's trained on us as well as the before mentioned.
    • Up x 2
  10. IamSalvation

You have no clue.
    Rendest distance for infantry is in NO WAY affected by YOUR PC. Its a Serverside thing.
    • Up x 4
  11. KlyptoK

It's well known that the servers throttle the render distance, not the client. Lepurza even admitted durring an interview with one of the programmers that they intentionally throttle the render distance at fixed, equal increments depending on the number of players present to prevent those with higher end computers from having an unfair advantage. They will continue to do this until they can raise the performance level, or they see less lower end PC's ingame.

Getting a higher end PC is curently meaningless for infantry render distance.
    • Up x 7
  12. PhiladelphiaCollins

I suppose, was being somewhat facetious and never measured it. A Lib shouldn't have much issue just ******** over the general area and scoring some kills on infantry. That is what the minimap is for.
  13. Arquin

DUDE YOU MESSED THE GAME THIS WAS ABOUT FUNNY ENGLISH WORDS NOT RELATED TO SOME STUPID RENDER THINGY FFS LEARN TO PLAY FORUMSIDE N00B
    • Up x 1
  14. Talshere

So, Ive posted this before but its a good answer. I like it so here goes!

The problem is you.

Let me elaborate. The reason the game cant render or be allowed to render to its maximum capacity is that players and cheap and refuse to buy 6.5GHz overclocked CPU's and 3 Titan GPU's to properly render the game and process the vast quantity of data inherent in that.

So really, you only have yourself to blame. Stop being so cheap.

If you dont wish to stop being cheap, stop complaining about a performance issue that is inherent with your crap hardware.
    • Up x 4
  15. Seranov

Not gonna happen.

I fail to see which part of "MMOFPS" requires you to be able to do this, by the way. You are, however, the exact kind of player that makes me glad I've been spending so many certs on a Dual Burster Max with Lockdown.
    • Up x 1
  16. Crator

So, if PlanetSide 1 or 2 is not an MMOFPS then what game is? ;)
  17. MFP_TK_01

Then you are a liar. It's in the code that the render for ground troops ends at 300 meters out, and vehicles are about 800.
  18. Bakercompany86

Throttling the render distance serverside is why we all get to enjoy max FPS in extremely heavy combat.

I love this game =)
  19. Stellus

[IMG]
    It is the internet, afterall...
    • Up x 3
  20. lootandshoot

Give me a game any game that does what PS2 does has the unique flight of PS2 and the looks of PS2.
    To make this game work with the amount of data flow is somthing that as a programmer I find extraordinarily impressive and anyone who says its not so does not know what they are talking about.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.