Sooooo... Connery v2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname707, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Badname707

What are the differences between Emerald and Connery? Does anybody know?
  2. TeknoBug

3. Badname707

I've definitely ran into two blatant hackers within an hour and a half of playing. In that time, none of the frontlines moved past a base or two. Zerg is worse than before. Meh.
  4. Paragon Exile

Emerald is the canon server. Connery is just fanfiction.
    • Up x 3
  5. Badname707

Well ****, can you explain to me what that means? I swear I've read this book before.
  6. TeknoBug

May as well respond since I posted in the wrong post.

Back in PS1 when Konried, Markov, Johari, etc. all merged into Emerald it became a clusterfvck, but it should settle down in a week or two.
  7. Badname707

And Connery stayed a mess just because?
  8. TeknoBug

What's wrong with Connery? It's less of a mess than Mattherson.
  9. hawken is better

It's larger, and people spam even more cheese.
  10. Badname707

In the couple years of having played this game, it wasn't until the few months before the merge that I saw my faction get smart. I'd find myself wanting to make suggestions over command, just to see the things I thought we should do already being acted upon. On the last day of Waterson, I had the opportunity to basically lead a defense at The Bastion over region chat, annihilating a VS tank column, sweeping infantry over the eastern hill to get a vantage over the road, and completely routing the enemy. This was over region chat with what was presumably a bunch of pubs. We had gotten overwhelmed by a superior force just before the redeploy to the Bastion, and hit them so hard, one VS said over /y 'This is the the least effective battle I think I have ever seen.' One of my favorite moments in this game, for sure.

Could you see something like that happening on Connery? On Emerald, now?
  11. Paragon Exile

Yes, I did this earlier. Sort of :D

I called out sundies on the map, and people immediately set up smoke and attack requests on those locations, winning us the fight eventually.

It's nice being helpful in a larger way.
  12. HadesR

Been playing on my TR alt on Emerald (Ex-Mattherson) tonight ..

Seems like Connery ..

High pops and VS need 60%+ Hex pop before they can take a base :p

But I get a lot more revives off Connery NC than I do off Emerald TR .. And I'm not sure their Infi's know what Recon darts are .. :(
  13. VSDerp

Connery sucks.
  14. Badname707

Not the same, really. Calling out something over /re isn't the same as coordinating a defence over /re. I directed our armor to set up behind a chokepoint, giving them directions on when to push out and to pull back, based on whether or not the VS had a vantage point on them. When their armor was cleared by the AV turrets and MAX's we had set up on the top decks, I directed everyone who wasn't engaged to charge up the hill and push the VS off of it. When the infantry cleared the enemy on the hill, I let the tanks know that they were cleared to push out into the fields and finish off the enemy armor. I got to play region chat general, and I wasn't even in a squad. I don't mean to say this to brag, just to say that with the kind of fights we're getting right now, this just isn't going to happen.
  15. Badname707

How's your first impression of Emerald been?
  16. vanu123

Emerald = Connery East. Connery = Best Connery/Connery West.
    • Up x 2
  17. vanu123

• Up x 2
  18. Badname707

I'm guessing you've only played on Connery, huh? I'm sorry for your lost opportunity.
  19. vanu123

Actually I was on helios before we merged. Hey at least we don't have to cheat to win a serversmash.:p
  20. Badname707

Connery is a boring server. That's basically all I wanted to say to you.