Sooo, Soft Point Ammunition.......

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pilg0r, Dec 5, 2012.

1. pilg0r

There are lot of people who say it has reduced CQB dmaged and some people say it don't. Does any have a 100% definitive answer? I'm looking to get it on my VX6 for my light assault.

Has anyone actually done testing in specific ranges?
  2. evilduck

up very close the boost to damage is very small (like 5%), at 20 meters its pretty hefty and at 50 meters it drops of dramatically ( going in the minus, meaning you are doing less damage)

soft point has a sweet spot rangeband were it really shines. the misconception is that a lot of people think it starts at 0 meters, which it doesnt.

for hard numbers there are some discussions here about the difference between soft point and long range ammunition with hard data. just search for them

evilduck

ps: define cqb? for me its everything under 50 meter ( or grenade throw distance), for others its under 5 meters)
  3. pilg0r

CQB as in, room sweeping or inside a bio-lab.
  4. evilduck

thats pretty much mine

for that situation use the high rof, hipfire weapon of your empire with softpoint, laserdot and reflex and you should do some serious damage... (for extra fun swap the laserdot with grenadelauncher :)