Sooo drop pods, can they stop being bipolar?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Slyguy65

AT first the kill vehicles one hit, than it was changed so vehicles one hit them, then it was changed to them hurting but not destroying and can sometimes still kill new.

Recently i was killed by a drop pod one hit in a full health lib? Are they back to one hitting? or did he just get a lucky hit?

Wish they would make up their mind.
  2. IamDH

No i think if you hit the wing the lib dies
  3. Slyguy65

ya its what i remember hearing off and on its where you hit...feels like that is a bug, I wish they would make it clear if we should dodge with pods or aim with pods.
  4. KenDelta

Libs and ESFs still get 1 hitted by them , Gals lose their balance and fall depending on where you land(made a galaxy lose it's balance and bump into a wall once , granting me 10 kills)
    Harassers and flash get 1 hitted , Lightnings , sundies and MBTs take no damage.
  5. IamDH

Its pretty random..
    Same applies to all vehicles
  6. Tommyp2006

Id be happy of they just moved the same way every time. Soemtimes they spin a little bit, sometimes they move really slow, sometimes they are lightning fast, etc.
  7. Midnightmare

My experince it would have been a lucky hit, it happens once in a while.
    If i had to say the sweet spot is tiny bit infront of the wings on libs.
    So you more or less land on the balance point of it.

But the whole drop pod thing on the other hand :p
    I think it should just be an instant action option really.
  8. ent|ty

True. One night I dropped down square on a full health Lib and blew it up. It wasn't you though, cuz I was also playing TR :D

The next time, several hours later.. omg, it was my favourite target and hated bully LIb nemesis Comatoast(Connery).
    I was like "omg, omg, omg, he's gonna hate this so much" and slammed him full on in exactly the same way as the last pod.
    I blew up, died, and on my screen all it did was push him down, but he just span, recovered (cuz he's awesome) and got away..

It is very bipolar, not sure what the difference between the two...

Maybe in reality I hit him on the tail, and not full on like the first example? Since netcode can vary as to what is represented on your screen at times...
  9. Tobax

I always aim for the wing not because its a damage location but it's more likely that the force of the pod will cause the aircraft to roll over and crash.
  10. ScottishRoss

My Galaxy is a drop pod killer. A drop pod will drop on it, get destroyed and I'll have to pull off a badass barrel roll to keep flying. Looks awesome. So please, please keep drop podding on my Galaxy.
  11. Rikkit

same here, if i aim for the wing there are just 3,5 options:
    1 ohk
    2 i miss the wing
    3 flip and crash
    3.5 (verry unlikely) the pilot manage to stabilize the plane bevor hitting the ground