Sometimes the game suddenly crashes with a G12 error.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by B-96, Jan 4, 2020.

1. B-96

Sometimes the game suddenly crashes with a G12 error.
    My laptop is i7-7700, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM, and the graphics driver is the latest version.
  2. FriendlyHuman

When did this start to happen?

Did you try methods from Wiki to solve this problem?
    "These errors can indicate a number of different issues. A common solution is simply uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Also, if you're running the game through Steam, Steam should be run as an administrator. If this does not work, please contact Technical Support."
  3. Rorshack

Same has been happening to me lately. I did just replace my motherboard. Of course I had to re- install the game. I tried wiki fix but still game crashes about 15 mins into playing. I also replaced my gtx 780 with a gtx 970. My system consists of i7 4790k msi gaming motherboard, gtx 970, 16gb x2 ram, watercooled system. Gonna try wiping it all and downloading the game again.
  4. FriendlyHuman

Team automatically gets reports about crashes, so they most probably know about it.

My game also crashes with G12 error, but only on PTS (before they closed it for test). Maybe it's because I play with ultra graphics quality (custom-low on Live).
    Crashes mostly happened when I minimized game while loading.
  5. Aranak

I've found a fix for the G12 error. On nvidia, just install a previous graphics card game driver.

I've suspected this was the cause, since when I looked in my task manager: I realize that many games that crashed, could not use the GPU and closed out.

This worked for 4 other people I told this to.
  6. Aranak

Download a previous graphics driver version
  7. Aranak

Download a previous GPU driver version
  8. FriendlyHuman

What is your current version of Nvidia driver? And version of driver where G12 error happened?
  9. GreenLantern

I started having the same problem in the last few days. I reinstalled PS2 from Steam and updated to the latest version of Windows, but that didn't keep the dreaded G12 error from showing up. Finally I ran the Nvidia GeForce Experience app and while looking for a way to roll back the current driver, I found a drop down menu with one choice: "Reinstall driver." That fixed my problem and I'm back in the fight.

EDIT - I spoke too soon. It only worked once, and now it's broken again. All I get is this unhelpful message:

Game Error G12

Malfunction:

We've encountered a problem. Please try again later.
  10. GreenLantern

Another interesting development happened today. I logged in to the Planetside 2 test server, and after an update loaded, I was able to play there with no problems. I suspect that someone may have forgotten to add the 3840 x 2160 display resolution into the mix, but fixed the problem on the test server. So I'm expecting that the next change to production will fix my problem. In the meantime, I can't play.

I had to laugh when I got another "Game Error G12" message and happened to look up at the URL of that page. In HTML, using percent two zero for every space between words, the URL says "Your graphics device driver crashed or reset. Please ensure your graphics drivers are up to date (Cb887a0005)" My NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver is the latest, Version 445.75, release date 03/23/2020.
    • Up x 1