[Suggestion] Something to consider for the Jan 30th patch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by oOCKYOo, Jan 14, 2013.

1. oOCKYOo

As we all know they will be moving the XP and resource bonuses to be based on continent population instead of server population. This is good and I personally hope people will spread themselves to benefit from this.

To further promote players to spread between the existing continents I have another suggestion. Move the population cap which is 60% of the server to my knowledge to be continent based as well, but reduce it to only 50%. What does this mean?

There can only be as much of one empire on a continent as the total combined number of the other two empires. If they therefore decided on a cease fire and worked together it would be possible to push back the dominating empire. This system should also be dynamic, in other words it should work the same for 60 people and for 2000.

The XP/Recource system should be the incentive to draw people to underpopulated continents and this system should be the regulation to ensure they dont get crushed in seconds. (Increase the value on this already... most ive seen was 10% at like 30% pop difference on a server.)

Lets Discuss :)
    Good solid arguments please if you're against this.
  2. oOCKYOo

Nobody have something to add? lol
  3. Oblomoff

The XP on continents would be enough to promote those losing battles imho. That said, I don't know how that system works and how much it will increase your XP. I was in a situation on amerish where we were outnumbered 6 to 1 (12 72 16) Will it increase our XP 6 times or more, or maybe just +70-80%?
  4. Verisimilituder

Knowing SOE, the exp bonus will be a whopping 10% at maximum, and it won't help anything nor attact anyone.
  5. Udon

I honestly believe that population imbalance is more a issue of low server population than anything else. When the server population is low a single platoon can make a significant difference to a factions continent population. This change isn't going to do anything unless the population on the servers is higher which is going to either require significant changes to the game or server merges.
  6. oOCKYOo

I am not sure about the mechanics behind this myself as it might depend on both the other two factions and not just the highest one. The actual value just has to justify fighting a force X times larger than your own. (Which a lot of people currently think it does not.) Either that or you need to limit the dominating force to ensure people have a chance to push back.
  7. oOCKYOo

This is why the system needs to be dynamic. It actively adapts to the amount of people on the continent. Issues I see that can arise from this is an entire platoon / outfit wont be able to suddenly deploy onto a continent if their side is currently the dominating force. Those outfits might not like this.

For example:
    Amerish currently has 50%TR, 16% VS and 34% NC. Lets use 100 people for this example. If a TR outfit wanted to suddenly deploy 50 people to Amerish to snowball the continent as we currently have, a total of 50 VS or NC players would first have to move to Amerish due to TR already being capped at 50%.

NC or VS on the other hand can rapidly deploy a whole platoon easily as to hit the 50% cap, VS would have to deploy 68 people on top of the current 16 and NC would have to deploy 32 people on top of the current 34 to hit that cap (Assuming the other two populations stay the same in each dependant case)

This is basically an advantage that is created from being the losing side. You can rapidly deploy to defend / respond to a population surge from the other side.

On low population server as you mentioned the problem this could cause is 3 half empty continents as opposed to Indar and 2 empty ones, though what it could also lead to is the 85% zergs on a continent would be reduced to 50% zergs and the other 35% would be on another continent. Im guessing what isnt zerging would be on indar as it seems to be the most balanced continent across all the servers in terms of population and wont lead to hitting the 50% cap limit.