[Suggestion] Something about the PP that must change, and we all should agree on.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Call-Me-Kenneth, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Call-Me-Kenneth

Please SOE, PLEASE, change the DAMN GFX on the weapon. it is driving me InSaNe, i go to sleep and all i hear is SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM, i wake up mentally exhausted from the horrible nightmares the sound brings.

it does not stop, it is burned into my brain, it wont stop unless i make it stop. i tried everything, i tried with a corkscrew but it wont go deep enough. i tried with a hammer, but the handle broke after the 24th minute of hammer therapy.
    i'm running out of options, and the space dwarf that stands on the corner of my room keeps mocking me, he points at me and starts "SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM" he draws a deranged smile and, as saliva drips from the corner of his mouth, continues his chant "SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM".
    and i just break, there's only so much a man can take before breaking. "please mister dwarf", i said. "tell me what must i do to make it stop?" then he promptly took off his pants and underwear, placed them in my hands. and leaned on to me, "surrender to the will of vanu" he whispered, and so i do. i swear i do. i'm good.

i'm a good boy, i been good, i'm always good. every time i see the Magriders come i say on proxy "prepare my brothers, and submit" and they call me traitor, but i'm no traitor. i'm smart you see. i'm just as smart as the magrider drivers. they don't even use the main gun anymore, they just park on a hill and switch to the PPA. and it begins.

SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM and cold sweat runs down my back.
    SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM and now my eyes see forever.
    SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM and i feel no fear.
    SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM and i'm now one with the sound.

you see, i know their secret. the weapon is the sound, there's no damage, no pain, no heat. only sound.

i'm wounded now, medics try to bring me back, but its no good. i lay there swimming in the sound, a voice screams on my head "The NC needs this facility!" but i don't care no more. i'm sound now, and time is an illusion.

a million years later or mere seconds later, i'm not sure, with a disgusted tone a voice says: "This facility is lost.".
    and as the sound stops i hear the stomp of boots near my body, distant shooting as my former comrades fall to gunfire, and the hum of the levitating bringers of death. they are leaving now, they are taking the sound with them.

i lie there with ears buzzing for a moment, then a thought triggers machines of a complexity that escapes me, and i feel my body begin to dissipate. just before the feeling gets unbearable, i feel my body begin to form again. i open my eyes, grip the gun that materializes in my hands and step out of the room, soldiers around me form in lines, as a grim faced Sargent tempts their resolve with vague promises of wealth.

i stand next to them. i promise myself i wont wilt this time. but in my hearth i know, the sound is stronger.
    • Up x 12
  2. Sauce Sausage.

Stop being paranoic, use a kobalt on your MBT, is better than PPA is some scenarios.
  3. Littleman

Bull $#!%, and you know it. Maybe once they actually have to directly hit infantry, you'll have a point, but until then it's a spam happy weapon that is clearly OP and needs nerfed something fierce.
  4. Kunavi

....Wrote the NC guy whose explosive weaponry makes horrid screeching sounds. Join the TR, at least our Faction HAS NO SPECIFIC SOUNDS so you can feel safe. Traits of being generic and bland you see.

But no really, PP is a bit over the top.
  5. Alarox

10/10 OP if not just because I died laughing.

But he has a very good point.
    • Up x 3
  6. Littleman

I know right? How many loose parts do our guns have?

Is this the only time the term "loose" has been correctly applied on these forums?
  7. MasterDemoman

May the C4 fairies grant you mercy, brother. Mercy from the almighty SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM.
  8. Klypto

They should cut the damage down to 33% and triple the rate of fire.
  9. Alarox

So instead of SHUM SHUM SHUM it will be shumshumshumshumshumshum?
    • Up x 1
  10. Klypto

The ball has to be larger too.
  11. Lord_Avatar

The PPA is *fine*. An AI MBT secondary that actually works. Instead of nerfing it to the ground buff the TR/NC equivalents. The sfx on the PPA is annoying, but it's a trade-off for the Saron sounding orgasmic.
    • Up x 2
  12. palto1826

tbh all the max weapons sounds are bad for all factions...the PPA needs more bass...when i roll my mag with the PPA i want people to think skrillex is comin to town
  13. DQCraze

Please let's nerf everything AI. Make it so everyone shoots everyone equally so we can all get a trophy. You soccer mom generation kids drive me nuts.
    • Up x 1
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

Horrid screeching sounds? No, my good sir, that is the sound of freedom!
    • Up x 1
  15. Plunutsud pls

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. DragonOps

^
    The most important part of the thread.
  17. Torok

Is this large enough?

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  18. EddiesMinion

Not sure that PPAs are that bad, but that was really nicely written :)
  19. SierraAR

Where did you get this and where can I play with it.
  20. Torok

I don't know, all I remember was big thunder-like flashes around me up in the sky followed by some loud
    SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM SHIUM
    When I came to my senses I had found myself respawned at the closest point available.

[IMG]

It was a bug some months ago, it was on Test server for a month straight and still managed to hit live
    • Up x 1