Someone give me a list of updates please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Akeita, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Akeita

I haven't play the game since May 30 and the patch note is just extremely long to read, I'll appreciate if someone could just sum them up for me.
  2. Tommyp2006

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. WUNDER8AR

Ugh a lot has changed maybe you tell us what you're interested in.

The most significant change is probably the new resource system. There's now one resource pool for all the things instead of the three individual resource pools we had previously. It is called Nanites and you gain them over time. Resource costs of vehicles, mines etc. got updated accordingly. You will almost never run out of resources now, especially if you have a boost. The game has become a bit more spammy as far as vehicles and MAXs are concerned which some see as an issue. I for one like it except for the MAX and (relentless) explosive spam that happens rather often in infantry combat. If you like vehicles you're probably going to have a blast. Tank warfare has never been more fun Imo.

Another significant change (well to me at least) is the revised scopes for infantry weapons which are just so much better than what we had previously.

Valkyrie was introduced which is cheap a 6 man aircraft with a gunner weapon and 4 rumble seats. It's fragile (small arms can hurt it too) and moves slowly but it can be repaired mid-flight by engies. It's also got squad spawn and you can equip ejection seats. Some consider it useless, others make great use of it with a couple of engis repping and HAs shooting rockets from the rumble seats. It's a squad tool or just a cheap transport. Don't expect like an ESF 2.0.

Terran Striker got revised multiple times and is now dumbfire with a 6 round magazine and a Coyote style tracking mechanic on aircraft. Deals a little bit less damage per shot than previously and low damage against infantry.

New pistols. VS: Spiker. Burst fire and charge mode. NC got a shotgun pistol and the TR got a fully auto pocket SMG.

Man there's so much more...performance wise the game is in a ok state I guess. Don't expect like massive improvements in large scale fights. There's still significant FPS drops and lag as per usual. You might experience short freezes which is commonly referred to as hitching but it was mostly fixed with the last updates I believe.

What else do you want to know?
  4. Akeita

Ty for the information, mostly I'm just looking at major updates like a new weapons, a new attachments, new abilities on vehicles and a new vehicles itself and MAX ( look like they're still known as "noobsuit" ) . Performance wise and minor stuff doesn't really matter. Seem like we had :
    - 3 new Pistols
    - Valkyrie
    - Better scopes
    - According to what you've said, I assume that if the resources are to be combined into one, there will be much less chance to use MAXes, Tanks and ESFs, so is C4 spams, unless they increase the capability of the resources storage or decrease the cost of infantry consumables
    - Improved Striker
    - Hossin
  5. Halo572

Nothing? TDM on tiny maps in big maps is the same now as it was 6 months ago, as it was 2 years ago.
  6. SeniorChief

Yea me too and last I asked got rolled in the dirt and kicked to the spawn room, Too many to bring up each class has had a bunch new stuff added spawn in to squad vehicle and aircraft, new aircraft nicknamed the coffin get in one see why. new cloak for infiltrators, new heal deployable for medic not much on max new death screen and new spawn screen from death screen seems like there was a lot of upgrades to performance , and the biggie was no passive certs for non premium members anymore, VS and NC still killing us in mass weps are still harder hitting than tr but we are better organized , OH content locks and warping to cont , and like he said resourses are now linked to in game time: many more but these are a few that caught me off guard.
  7. WUNDER8AR

there is no consumables storage anymore! everytime you respawn you have to load up your inventory with consumables either manually or you check the box auto supply for it to be done automatically. most infantry consumables are dirt cheap though. vehicles and MAXs may be spawned endlessly because there is no spawn timer anymore, yet you might have to wait a couple of mins for your resource pool to fill up again.

You gain 50 Nanites/min by default (w/o booster). Resource pool cap is 750. MBTs and MAXs cost 450. Lightnings and ESFs cost 350. Sundies cost 200 and Harassers I think cost the same. Valkyrie is 150, Flash is 50. Not sure about Liberators. I think it's 450 too. Galaxy is 200 I think not entirely sure though. As for infantry consumables. I think C4 is the most expensive with 100 (?) per brick. The rest is so cheap that you should have nothing to worry about unless you spam it like straight from a terminal non-stop.

So, if you literally waste your MBTs or MAXs repeatedly you're going to run into problems eventually, especially if you want to continue playing in a MBT or MAX. if you manage to stay alive for only a couple of mins with each spawn though you should be fine.
  8. Xasapis

Heavies:
    • Nothing much changed besides AV grenades having now an ultra small radius and the ability to stick to MAXes and vehicles, if they don't bounce.
    Medic:
    • One new AR for each empire.
    • Rezzing now is performed by right click
    • Medics can deploy a field that regens shields
    Engineers:
    • One new Carbine for each empire
    • Ability button (usually F) now drops ammo
    Infiltrators:
    • Stalker cloak allows for constant cloaking, but removes the primary weapon
    • Infiltrators can drop recon beacons that reveal more info on enemies on the minimap than darts, but are stationary.
    Light assaults:
    • No change
    MAXes:
    • No change
    Vehicles:
    • Valkyrie was introduced. A sort of HUEY fast transport vehicle that people wished it was a HIND.
    • Different ESF weapons were introduced, mainly for A2A combat
    • Liberator, Duster was introduced and Zepher became multirole, Dalton is a point damage weapon and Shredder lost the splash damage
    • Some balance passes on ground vehicle weapons
    System:
    • Directives were introduced, a type of achievement system
    • Optimisation on different levels with each patch. Stuff breaking with each patch.
    • Halloween event which is now over.
    • Resource revamp to a unified currency.
    • Implants, but that's older I think.
    • UI improvements.
    These are what I can think of.
  9. WUNDER8AR

Just wanted to add that the infiltrator motion spotter is extremely strong and the medic shield regenerator as well. So if you're interested in those classes you should definitely check it out.

Also the Sundie spawn module is now passive so you no longer have to unlock and equip it and there's a new defensive utility for it called the deploy shield. When you have it equipped, it creates some sort of overshield when your Sundy is deployed (and only then). It absorbs an immense amount of damage and requires sustained fire to be brought down otherwise it is going to recharge. It was introduced to prevent a single soldier from destroying a mobile spawnpoint too easily with mines and C4. Requires concentrated fire and more teamwork to be brought down now.

Also the infiltrator cloak was visually changed to look the same on all graphics settings. It was nerfed a little bit overall, though you're still gonna be hard to see in the scheme of things, especially if you stand still+crouch or when there's a lot of movement/action going on around so just keep that in mind and play accordingly and you're gonna be fine.

Anti-Vehicle MAXs are a lot more present in infantry combat so don't be surprised when you get melted by dual Pounder/Falcon/Comet MAXs in Biolabs and such. Pounders are very strong now and Ravens are probably the best anti-vehicle weapon in the game right now.

Also empire specific sniper rifles got introduced if you haven't witnessed these already. Imo they're meh but maybe you'll like em.