Some solution to increase FPS on my bad computer?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Brainiac88, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Brainiac88

Configuration:

Core: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2Ghz
    RAM: 2 Gb DDR2
    Video: Nvidia GT210 1Gb
    Graphics: Always on Very low! 900 meters Renderization.

Before GU06 the FPS was about 20~25, after GU06 its about 5~12, almost unplayable (and yet I could kill some people).

I ask: Is there some way to increase the FPS yet? Or I will only be able to play again with a better PC (which I can't afford on the next 2 years)?
  2. ScrawnyRonnie

Most people would consider the 20-25 fps you had already unplayable. New hardware is the answer honestly for any significant performance increase. I have an E6600 2.4Ghz, 4 GB DDR2, and a 5750. My fps are a little higher than yours but it's still hard to play a fast paced fps with an older machine. I make do for now til I updrage
  3. werzinator

New machine honestly. If you're on a budget, try looking on Craigslist or buy used parts off of eBay and build one.
    The money you would sink into your computer wouldn't justify the slight FPS increase.

If you're dead set on it though, I would recommend a processor upgrade first, Core 2 Quad at minimum, then a better GPU. Any other upgrades will probably require a new motherboard since you're running on LGA 775 as opposed to the 1155's used for Core i5's. Higher end graphics cards will probably require a power supply that can supply more wattage too, most OEM desktops have 250-300W power supplies at best.
  4. HerbertKnivez

I have a similarly crappy PC, I have an E4700 and a GT610, I will post up my useroptions.ini, maybe it can help a bit, but also try overclocking?

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=0.500000
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1840
    WindowedHeight=1040
    Mode=WindowedFullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Windowed

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=1
    TextureQuality=3
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=100
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=0
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=0
    FloraQuality=0
    ModelQuality=0
    VerticalFOV=55
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
  5. AnotherNoob

Oh derp, for some reason I saw it as the post above me was the first post... nvm D:

At the actual first post, i would say an upgrade as well. I have a i7 3770 @3.7, and there are times where the lag is rather bad. Honestly I can't see how they could put anything lower than an i5 or equivalent as minimum specs for this game, with the cpu optimization being what it is...
  6. Alexlightning7

lol that is a pretty low end PC.
    Most people would consisder it average, or good, but thats assuming thats what he gets in big fights, not in unpopulated areas.

OP, do you have any money to spare? any budget? I can find you a 400$ LAPTOP that is many times more powerful then your PC.
    Heck, I could probably find you a 200$ laptop thats better if I look enough. Your GT 210 is around 25-40% slower then a intel HD 3000(for reference, a HD 4000 is up to 75% faster then an HD 3000). Any i3 processor should have a higher clock then yours. I don't know what you could get if you go for a desktop, but most likely even better then a laptop.
  7. CeeKay

I got the same problem as well. The strange thing is that it started from one day to another. Before monday i had no problems even in big fights and at the next day my fps drops down to 15 in every bigger aktion.And nothing on my PC changed.

I tried everything i could find on the forums or google. PC optimizing (tune up and game booster), overcloking my cpu and gpu, different settings for my useroptions.ini but nothing helped i even tried to lower my Flip Queue size.

Configuration:

Core: AMD A6-3600 2.1GHz
    RAM: 6 GB
    Motherboard: Pegatron Corporation 2ACF
    Video: AMD Radeon HD 6770

My Useroptions.ini:

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    RenderQuality=0.759000
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=1
    TextureQuality=3
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=100
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=0
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=0
    FloraQuality=0
    ModelQuality=0
    VerticalFOV=55
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0

Meanwhile i think i have to buy a new PC but i have the hope that i don´t need that. Hope someone can help.
  8. Shuay

This post is just so sad. I'm honestly sorry man. I hope you can get a new rig soon or SOE optimize the damn game better which I dont think is likely anytime soon or maybe never.
  9. COMMANDER K33N

Nope. Sub 30 is unplayable, sub 60 is choppy as hell. There's nothing good about it.

OP, as everybody else is saying, it's time to build a new PC.
  10. aceoyame

What you can do to help your video card is to overclock it. Download MSI afterburner and it should help. Also make sure you have the most up to date drivers. CPU may be overclockable as well, that is an E series cpu so it is a desktop. Although a E8400 cpu is about 40$ and is 3 ghz which is a good amount of power. The game is more dependant on gpu power from what i've seen so definitely take care of the video card first with overclocking it and then possibly get that E8400 cpu.
  11. McToast

Moin

I'm sorry mate, I guess you won't see a noticeable increase in fps with your rig. I play with an E6750@3,2 GHz and can barely hold my fps around 20-25 in big battles.
    You could check if shadows are really disabled, somehow my settings set shadows to low sometimes even though it's set to off in the .ini. Shadows make a BIG difference on lower end rigs. I nearly double my average fps when I turn shadows completly off.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  12. Alexlightning7

Sub 30 is what about 95% of the playerbase gets in big fights. I would say sub 20 is what about 60% get in big fights.
    NO ONE gets 60 at all times.
    Honestly, sub 30 is not as bad in this game as some people believe BECAUSE FPS is not directly related to aiming like it is in many other games like source games.
    Honestly, sub 30 is not good, but in this game, its average. Not out of battles, im not saying that, but in battles, sub 30 is the norm.
  13. COMMANDER K33N

I'm always above 30. I fail to see how this game would be any different than any other when it comes to a low framerate. It's going to effect your gameplay enormously, so it's not really okay at all. SOE need to put some serious work into optimising the game. That'll vastly increase their player retention, as well as draw in new players. We don't want new camos, or glowing lights for tanks. We want an optimised game that runs as it should on modern hardware.
  14. -Jonny Appleseed-

How the hell do you guys reduce the quality of the game like that without ableling to launch the game. i have a 2GB Ram so i need the answers?
  15. Alexlightning7

3 month old thread. you might have better luck with a new thread.
    Also, what exactly areyou talking about? Are you having trouble starting the game? crashes? what?