some quick advice pls

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by daddy86, Jul 19, 2013.

1. daddy86

im in a pickle.

do i go

i54670k or i74770k? the i5 is more then 100 euro cheaper and the real difference is the threading so is the 4770 worth it compared to the extra money it will cost me?

gt660 ti or gtx680? 680 almost double the price but only about 25% better peformance.

my budget right now is 1400 euro and this setup would come to 1336 euro's when i select the i54670k with the gtx680.
  2. Shmi

And a quick answer to the point. Go with the i5, the difference is not much, but they perform better on gaming while i7's hyper-threading is not that much used in games (very few games take advantage of it), UNLESS you want to do a lot of video encoding (for example), where the i7 has the upper hand.

As for the video card you might logically go for the 660ti but considering the haswell proc you might want to pair it with something fairly new, but tbh forget both and get the new gtx760 instead and it goes for about the same price as the 660ti and it's right between the 2 you mentioned:)
  3. daddy86

yeah the processor will most likely be the i5, as for the gpu i think ill stick with the 680
  4. TSR AlexS Customer Service

I5's work just fine with the game. Be sure to have a decent video card and plenty of ram as well :)
  5. fumz

If you can afford it get the i7. Yes, it's true that, up until recently, few games have been able to take advantage of hyper threading. However, that is changing. BF3 actually uses it, and it's quite possible that once PS2 goes to the PS4 and we get the multicore support the game should have, so should PS2. PS2 is most likely not the only game you're going to ask that cpu to play, and gaming is not the only thing you're going to ask of the machine. If you can find a 680 cheap then go for it. There's no point in getting a 700 series card unless it's gk110, a 780 or a Titan.