Some observations from the weekend...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by andy_m, Sep 22, 2014.

1. andy_m

I put a lot of hours in Saturday and Sunday so I saw a lot of stuff...

For instance, peeps walking past that Teleporter room in a Biolab adjacent to one of the cap points, even though the shield colour told them it was currently under the control of the enemy faction. I made sure they paid for that mistake (yes, I know no honour). They could have gone through the building instead. The shortest route isn't always the safest.

Yet again, a cloaked infiltrator Q spotted me and gave me a direction to look in. He was pretty much on his own. He died for that mistake.

I'm in a MAX suit, guarding a point. I'm on my own. There are perhaps three or four individual infantry on the base. They come, as individuals, to take the point. I kill them and they now know there is a MAX on the point. So they come again as individuals. They died, more than once, for that mistake. What was worse is, they kept on sneaking back as infils.

Cloakers who think they are invisable also got quite a bit of my attention. They would have been better off running for it because there would have been the slightest chance that I would have missed. But just sitting there when I am looking straight at them, well, it is quite funny I suppose, and I get another head shot for my stats. I realise that there is a chance that I've missed quite a few as well, the good ones that use deep cloak well and don't give themselves away with the cloaking sound and running footsteps.

On the other hand... I did a few stupid things too, like walking across some C-4 even though I had EOD running and I knew it was there. Hacking back a vehicle terminal even though I knew there was a chance of being sniped, or getting a xbow bolt in the head.

On the whole, a good weekend, netting me something like 2000 Certs in the process :D
  2. FateJH

As long as they didn't mind dying a bit, it's not as bad a plan as you might think. As a MAX, you put no influence on the capture point. They could start it flipping and you'd have to respawn or wait for other allies to come and resecure it.
  3. andy_m

Yes, I agree.

But even when the point started to flip, it didn't totally and therefore simply flipped back without the need for either me to respawn or anyone else who was on the base at the time to pop back to the point for half a minute. They just couldn't stay on the point long enough to cause a full flip, if you know what I mean.

If they had at least formed a small squad, just while in that base, they could have coordinated and came at me as a unit. Even as three infiltrators, they could have took a MAX down by chipping away at my shield/health (even though I had a regenerating shield).