[Suggestion] Some Low Cost Outfit Changes - Outfit List - Outfit Recruitment - Outfit Stats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Davelantor, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Davelantor

1 - Remove "Invite to Outfit", often those that do it are randomly inviting people and new players often dont even realize they are in an outfit most of the time.
    Giving the option to auto decline those invites is just helping veterans that do not want to be in an outfit. The casual new player has no clue what they stepped into.
    • Helps solve the worse kind of zergfits that form.
    2 - Add Outfit cohesion. Similar to squad cohesion. If the outfit members do not work together, they are likely to not stay together. This should not be done on the basis of distance. instead should be if members are overall in the same platoon, lead by their outfit members. It should be punished if the members are in random locations doing solo stuff or in platoons lead by other outfits.
    • This is against Zergfits like DIG or random inviting outfits like zUBR.
    • If the outfit has been failing to provide a ground for its members to join, it doesnt need any more new members
    • If the outfit has been failing to help its members, get them to work together as an outfit. It doesnt need any more new members.
    • If they are all in the same squad/platoon that is lead by their members, at least as an outfit they are in good cohesion. But if they are randomly all over the map, it will be displayed in the squad list for the players to see as well.
    3 - For those that are not in outfit add a -!- like in notifications to the outfit tab
    (give option to remove that marker in options for those that really want to go solo yolo)
    • It will grab the players attention and explore it
    • Tell them that its a good way to meet new people and learn the game since good outfits will train you in all kinds of things.
    4 - Do not display the outfits by the number of people online - It just adds to the problem with that 400members online outfit that maybe has a single or 2 "organized" platoons out. leaving 75% of their population as headless chickens running around getting bored of the game.
    • Add a limit, if the outfit online count is above 48 or 92, do not display on the list.
    • Have "show others" that will display the massive outfits.
    • Similar to recommended in the server list that decides after one selects the faction.
    5 - Add tabs that show Outfit average SPM, considering often if the outfit takes care of its members, they are more likely to have higher average SPM.
    • Giving more information to the players
    • Giving incentives for outfits to educate their members. Knowing that if they dont take care of their new members their stats will go down.
    I recently has my friends from Arma 3 try out the game. While assisting those on the EU server, I suggested those on US should try the US server given the time difference. I explained them to join a squad and a platoon look out for people that actively inform and lead. Find an outfit that will help them.
    They tried to do just that. They looked at the outfit list and thought high numbers would mean a good community and competent leaders. So they joined in. Contributing to those numbers to be even higher. When they asked someone in the chat responded. But nobody was teaching anything. It was a good Questions & Answer platform. Where one can even use /yell to get the same responses. They lacked learning the game mechanics. It was always PUSH this PUSH that. No real goal, or sense of what is going on. At most they redeployed into a galaxy to drop to a point, or pulled vehicles to push a base.
    Their perception of what is a good outfit often gets clouded
    As community, we have a very helpful group of people. I see everyone is willing to answer all kinds of questions. Even the enemy factions when someone yells it out.
    The problem is often tools that are supposed to help you find good communities are trapping you in bad over filled groups that no longer capable of organizing.
    I will give DIG from VS Miller as example. They rank 1 on the outfit list, because, they are the largest, with peak time massing 400 members. Often the laughing subject in the server. Only time the leaders can gloat is when a base is captured and it gets DIG tags on it, thx to the member numbers. Out of this zergfit, they spawned out DIGT, (T standing for Tactical). The glorious example of how bad outfit management leads to most of the people running around aimless and clueless. An outfit you will often see people leaving for better outfits. Outfit with leaders rarely seen coordinating with other units on the map. At the least, DIG lists them selves as casual on outfit recruitment list.
    And even worse, zUBR, an outfit that just recruits through randomly going into platoons and sending invites. My friends have been repeatedly been spammed by this outfit. Once they are in, there is no communication, nothing. Sometimes when my outfit runs a squad, I will make an open platoon and it will fill 4 squad in maybe 20 minutes, and I guarantee you, 60-70% of the people in there are DIG members, because they got no place else to go.
    New players are drawn in by the content, what planetside 2 offers and so far no other game is able to provide. But they are drowned inside this content. When they fight in the game, half the time they will be clueless on where to go, its veteran players job to teach them and show them the way.
    If by some measure you guys will be able to make a way to show outfits that best teach their members or a "Best outfit for new players to join" meter kind of thing. That would be great. But unfortunately I cant think of any reliable method for this that large outfits will simply will not be able to exploit.
    Ex: voting or similar ... This also goes for squad and platoon leading activities.
    Some leaders will just put waypoints, tell people where to spawn. Others will also give extra tips from time to time, if they see members struggle with some aspects.