Some cheats could be integrated into the game for all (or rework suggestion)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Nov 17, 2023.

1. karlooo

I died recently to a flying hacker named something like this: many more people cheat but hide it (without spaces obviously) .... And without a single doubt, I entirely believe it.

This changed my perspective on the hacker situation. That it's not an attack on the game but more of a protest, against something unfair, against greed possibly, and it may be that those who blatantly hack, are the ones who care about the game.
    So, new player experience.... It's not the flying hackers that need to be dealt with, it's the cheating situation in secret that needs to be dealt with, that's what makes this game frustrating and unfair, giving you no chance in many engagements while unaware that some group may be cheating.

I was thinking, if people cheat in secret... If some can fly you can imagine what type of alterations, they can perform, making up the rules pretty much. Removing certain technical downsides on weapons, and stuff like that, to make it appear like they are skilled but in reality, outside the game has trouble clicking X to close a window.
    What if some forms of cheating were given to us all? As part of the game.
    What if everybody got aim assist?

Or what if the gunplay got entirely reworked so there can be fewer hidden cheating methods available.
    So, in a sense make it more blank, like old school for example. And in turn add color to some other mechanic in the game. RPG (role playing) was brought up, there is something to this idea. I feel it.
    But ooh aah iih, this would be a hard one.
  2. VV4LL3

I want to log in and get played the automated deaths of all the would be kills I made while logged off to make me feel better about myself. :)
  3. Liewec123

"Some cheats could be integrated into the game"
    so like:
    Infinite Ammo, No Reloads, No Bullet Drop, Hitbox-hack, no recoil, c4 immunity, flying tanks?

so basically...VS? :p
  4. Fraecker

Cheats? In some countries that is normal game playing.
  5. karlooo

I have a feeling that VS already has aim assistance integrated.
    Because I did notice or had this feeling of receiving a strange form of assistance to my aim, when transferring from TR to VS. I play TR and I never felt that type of aiming mechanics.
    TR just has brutal recoil. It is much harsher and unpredictable than NC guns from my recent testing. For example, MSW-R recoil is even worse than NC Anchor, so much that it's often times unpredictable and screws you over. And people talk about NC recoil, that's another topic I do not understand.

Oh god, many more things which make no sense. Like speaking of NC and the backstory, it is the separatist faction, they separated from TR, why don't they have TR guns? I guess NS are the TR guns because NS based on original lore is a TR company.... But in another lore, it is a contractor that distances itself from all factions and now they are a faction themselves, which support all sides... What? NS is a TR company lol, it cannot distance itself as independent. And other 2 factions have their blueprints and produce same weapons because they were part of TR...
    Ugh god such a mess.
  6. majorSharky

@karlooo Iam playing since the release and i dont feel the way you do, some players are just really good almost godlike.
    As for me i dont really have difficultys dealing with anybody and fear no 1.
    The players that hack are just these flying guys, i even encountered 1 yesterday on cobalt, some NSO char.
    i think the gap in skill between new players and og's is just huge
  7. NameBrandHipster

The subtle hackers are probably the least of our worries. They are few.
    The ones that truly disrupt the game are the fly hackers. The ones that destroy entire platoons of vehicles with a flying sundie.
    And this happens on the daily. It's rampant.
    There is no reason these hacks should be so easy right now.

The more subtle hackers are an entirely different battle that is a lot harder to fight.
    But blatant hackers have it easier in this game than any other game out there. It's laughable.
    It's as if the devs themselves are handing out these hacks.

And I despise that whole bs about these blatant hackers being "altruistic." It's utter horse s****.
    In what twisted fever dream mirror dimension does ruining the game for everyone and scaring away new or returning players benefit the game?