Solution to pop is to put people in purgatory?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Glyphs, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Glyphs

Okay let me get the logic here.

Pops are decreasing across the board.
    So instead of shutting down excess servers or attempting to increase advertisement...
    ...Your solution is to stuff everyone on every server like a sardine while the excess ooze decays on the outside.

What kind of chimps do you got running your development or are your CEOs desperate for crack and need to sniff for pennies around your cubicles?
  2. LordKrelas

No, that "purgatory" is from the population control system.
    IE when your chosen faction has over 40% of that map's entire population.
    Anything past 40%, that single side can match both of the others with equal numbers, or drown them severely at once.

The solution to prevent one side being near equal to the other two sides at the same time, is to not let them drown them in sheer numbers.
    Closing servers, or advertisment, does not allow an overpop of one side to be anything more than an overpop.
    Which is usually hell to bloody fight if not impossible, when one side has 50-70% of the population.
    • Up x 1
  3. adamts01

I've completely stopped spending money on this game and rarely play because of local and continent pop imbalances. It's still unacceptable with this change, so I'd go so far as to say it isn't drastic enough. They still need to reduce resources and XP on the over-pop side and crank them up for the under-pop factions on top of their current measures.
  4. LordKrelas

As long as it's not encouraging zerging by the global underpop on every battle for those bonuses.
    As then it's an local overpop buffed by the global underpop, which shafts the moderate pop between the two groups hard.
  5. adamts01

I've just had it with zergs. I'm finally agreeing to nerfing teamwork. The thing is, it's actually rarely teamwork, just lemmings that follow the pack for easy stomps. That all needs to go. You have a good point, local pop should be the biggest modifier. So if you're the underpop faction you'll have to play nice to keep your advantage.

Daybreak: Fix zerging. I'm dying to drop a few hundred on this game to get my other faction characters up to speed but I just can't justify it when I log in, see 3 fights where we're getting spawn camped, and 2 fights where we're spawn camping. Nothing but zergs avoiding eachother or a single faction getting gang banged. Please, fix this **** and take my money!
    • Up x 1
  6. LordKrelas

I know, just recall there's two forms of overpop.
    The Global, and the local.
    All three at all three levels of pop globally can overpop locally.
    (Underpop, Moderatepop, Overpop)

I agree with the post here.
    Just putting out the two forms of overpop for those reading it beyond thy.
    • Up x 1
  7. ElricVIII

It wouldn't be so bad if it was some sort of mini-game that could earn you certs like a shooting gallery.
  8. Bukoski

Why stop there? A PVE element in VR might be a boon, help people ease into the game, and help people stick around instead of logging out when their faction is overpopped. Outfits and such would also find use in testing tactics and training their cohesion.
  9. Purp

I think the main issue is when there is only one map open at low population times of the day. There is no real solution to this if you want to keep the map populations near equal (and encourage fair fights).

What most of us are doing is going to another faction alt. The only problem with that is we are forced to play without our friends and preferred outfit...

And I agree with the OP- dumping people in VR is only hurting the game in the long run. We need to keep players, not drive them away. I see no easy solution, because I think population balance is an improvement in the game...
  10. Eternaloptimist

Regardless of faction I do seem to log into VR more often but I'm not there for very long at all (maybe because membership). When I do get into a fight the population is normally well balanced on the Eu servers, even in alerts when everyone said the dominant faction would immediately overpop................
  11. LordKrelas

So those in VR, are basically fighting or mining, AI opponents & immobile objects for Certs.
    Unless there is any difficulty in that fighting, it's easier to do than anything else in the actual game outside of Mining.
    And it does have mining, well that's even safer & easier than mining cort in the actual maps.

10 certs in near safety vs 10 certs if you survive the entire engagement.
    I like the concept a bit, but you have to ensure it's not literally a superior cert farm, to not play the maps but play VR instead.

Stand at place, use macro, or just fire, get more certs than fighting a living opponent.
    Would have to have limits...
  12. ElricVIII

If you're at the point of macros, then you can already farm by trading resupplies in the warpgate.
  13. LordKrelas

Ammo packs have an EXP cap.
    And aren't anywhere near as effective as solo-ing AI's, or mining minerals.
    As not only are limited to needing a second person, the output is DELIBERATELY low & monitored.