Solution to failed Hossin design - shove it down your throats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImBack2day, Jul 26, 2017.

1. DeadlyOmen

Is it so obvious? What if the team that is supposedly at a disadvantage puts up a fierce effort and overcomes said disadvantage?

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
  2. Whiteagle

YES, YES IT IS!

It's not impossible, true, but said disadvantage gets tiresome over time, and no one wants to be given such a Herculean task constantly.

Also, the idiom you are looking for is "Even a cornered Rat will bite will bite the Cat."
    • Up x 2
  3. DeadlyOmen

I prefer the task over something as boring as having a walk-over again and again.

My point is, situations are perceived differently by different people.
  4. LordKrelas

And the Majority doesn't seem to like having to work twice as hard, with twice the risk, for the same or less reward.

As for the majority, it is quite boring to literally always be at a disadvantage, praying the enemy isn't skilled enough to keep it.
    After all, just having the advantage, doesn't mystically grant the opponent any remarkable abilities unlike say any Movie.
    The Advantage is the Advantage, those whom have it, can generally keep it, and win with it.
  5. LtBomber

I dont care if one likes or dislikes Hossin.
    There is a damn good reason, why Indar and Esamir are prefered, suprisingly called player preference. Open all continents (like it was in old days) and let the players vote with their appearence.

I dont like Hossin for various reasons:
    Subjective:
    -Color and ambiente
    -Feeling enclosed

Technical and design:
    -Not sure if i can pass that leaf or will be blocked by a branch
    -Sometimes tunnel design
    -Bases focus only on Infantry, vehicles are meant to be excluded (even if one can bypass that)
    -Fog (limited view range, regadless of setting)
    -Water (ofc with mines)
    -Painfields at vehicle spawn (No fast hack/Sundi)
    -etc

However there is a simple solution for me: I just log out (like a lot of ppl i know)and let the Hossin fanboys to their thing, it will lock sooner or later, like every other continent...
    • Up x 1
  6. DeadlyOmen

Revealing.
  7. DirArtillerySupport

Choice between being forced to fight on Hossin and exiting the game...

Things that make you go hmmmmmm?
  8. 1Tap2Tap

I am sorry, but that´s not a "damn good reason".

One of the main reasons why people play on Indar and Esamir all the time is indeed mostly because of the perception that "everyone will fight on Indar/Esamir and the alternative continent will be empty". So everyone goes to Indar/Esamir without a second thought, because that´s what the history of playing this game tought you.

I can speak for myself and effectively all the members of my outfit (no, we are not brainwashing our members) when I say I cannot count how often I teeth-gnashingly joined the always same Indar/Esamir fights (Indar-T or Esamir-Y, anyone?) although we all would much rather fight on Hossin or Amerish, just because otherwise there would be no fight at all for us.

And I think, especially in the case of Esamir, which is objectively by far the worst designed continent to fight on, many, many players act and feel the same way.

Also, people do not like change.

This is the order in which the continents were made available to the players of Planetside 2:

1) Indar 2) Esamir 3) Amerish, and after a looooooong time, 4) Hossin.

Which is (coincidentally?) the same order as the "popularity order" of the four continents:

1) Indar 2) Esamir 3) Amerish, and after a looooooong time, 4) Hossin.

So I think just calling it player "preference" doesn´t really cut it in this case.

Best regards.
    • Up x 1
  9. Exitus Acta Probat

I would rather they remove Indar.

In all honesty it would be the best thing for the game if Indar never existed
  10. Whiteagle

I think this is a good reason for the Devs looked into Intercontinental Boarder Transfers and an Intercontinental Lattice; If we were able to freely travel to our favorite Continent instead of being completely Locked out of all but one or two, we'd have the option of forcing fights where we want instead of waiting for them to come up on the que.
    Now sure, this will probably mean Indar will be the most fought over Continent anyway, but that's not a BAD thing when we'd have an easily re-arranged Intercontinental Lattice.
    • Up x 1
  11. 1Tap2Tap

Sadly I do not see DBG putting their sparse developer time into such feature, though...
  12. Whiteagle

Well then they might as well kill the game now and start on Planetside 3, because it's only going to stagnate otherwise.
  13. CHANCELLOR MARTOK

Plain and simple. I will not play Hossin. So all you are doing by locking out 3 Continents at one time is forcing me to find another game to play. Bad choice Devs, very very bad choice.
  14. DirArtillerySupport

15. zaspacer

If Indar never existed, the other continents would look a lot better without Indar to compare them to.

If only Hossin existed, it would look a lot better without anything to compare it to.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pikachu

Developers got to realize that in MP games players only want maps with:
    ■ Flat ground filled with chest high walls
    ■ Temperate summer or desert or urban environment
    ■ Daytime, sunshine
    ■ Earthlike vegetation and atmospherics
    • Up x 1
  17. Luicanus

Hossin is a decent continent, it's just for some reason they insist on redoing Indar for the umpteenth time rather than finally finish Hossin. The only upside to this new one continent at a time nonsense is that maybe they'll finally see a need to finish Hossin and fix Esamir.
    • Up x 1
  18. Luicanus

Esamir is awful because of its s*** lattice lines and bad base designs.

But my main complaint against Indar is that it's too popular, I prefer a fight where I feel I'm making a difference not throwing my flesh and nanites into a meatgrinder in the hopes of stopping a zerg. There's a time and a place for massive armies but we need more lattice lines to prevent Zergs from rolling up one path without dispersing.

If they'd stop focusing on Indar "because it's popular" and give Hossin or Esamir attention they might also become popular then the pops wouldn't pool on Indar.
  19. Luicanus

I can't blame you for logging out, I log out when Indar comes up. But I think a fair number of those issues you brought up can be adjusted and fixed if the devs feel there is an incentive. Right now they seem tunnel visioned on Indar.

As for the water and people mining it, so? This is a war-zone and your enemy is booby trapping your path. Are you complaining that your enemy is fighting you? Would it be more sporting if the mines were fluorescent and set of flares every few seconds?

Hossin limits the practical tank battle size to a few units assisting Sunderers and Infantry making it a true combined arms continent. Unlike Esamir where you'll routinely see columns of 12 MBTs supported by a few Rep and Ammo Sunderers.
  20. FateJH

The latter is actually closer to the PlanetSide experience, not only by qualifications of what we have come to expect in the current game but what was generally considered proper in this game's ancestor.