(Solution) Tanks Zergs and outfit zergs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JDS999, Mar 7, 2013.

1. JDS999

Again im making a post about the pull times on mtbs ive seen a few seperate theads but i think i have good idea to spread out the zergs and create constant fights on all fronts(wether it happens or not is how much they buff mbts. Increase MBT pull time to 90-120mins. increase MBT strenghs 250%+. allow redution of 10-15 minutes for each faciltiy ur faction captures on a given continet. i would like to go further and break it into 0's and 1's but overall would seems to create good strategey. This would aloso cutdown on crown/biolab camping and be incentive for capturing/defending more territories. this would also make a continent cap happen a little quicker to delay the inevablity of it.

just a thought, that makes sence to me so far.
  2. CatinHat

There is no meta game. PS2 is just a Battlefield 1942 / Battlefield 2 (without the water units) just on single large map.

Without the meta game, there is no point in fixing the zergs.
  3. DaninTexas

Only way I would want to see MBTs buffed that much is if they are crewed. IE - Driver/Main Gunner/Top Gunner.

I would LOVE for something like to happen. OR. Add a 10 second seat switch timer
    • Up x 2
  4. NateTronic

if it cuts down the timer for more ground you control then that just means the defenders are hooped in the end with no way to fight the tank zerg with their own
  5. CHDT65

Nice.
    120 minutes waiting for my tank.
    1 second to be lolpodded.
    120 minutes waiting for my tank...
    What a gameplay for those playing with tanks!

There are other ways of avoiding tank zergs without ruining this amazing game for people playing tanks.

And please, I don't want to have to wait for a gunner to go with my tank.
    Because it was not what I've already paid some money for.
    Among many other reasons (no one wants to be only a gunner, boring, or only be a driver, boring).
  6. CHDT65

also the problem of counterattacking a tank zerg farming a base with a tank attack (either alone or in a group) is that it is now very difficult because of the ESF rocket pods.
    Some would tell, take AA with you, ok but nobody wants to drive a Skyguard because this tank is not very effective against aircrafts and totally useful against other targets, what is wrong. At war, AA vehicules are often engaged against infantry or against light or medium vehicules.

Solve the problem of the rockets, so tank counter-attacks are possible, perhaps not no more at all tanks zergs farming base again, but much much less.
  7. CHDT65

Not asking to nerf the rockets pods, but perhaps to increase the armor of the rear of all tanks.
  8. Robes

Vehicles need to be buffed, not be 2 shot/die in under 2 seconds to one guy, and be considerably harder to get.
  9. Bill Hicks

This. People wouldnt be so quick to zerg tanks unless they had a good gunner or driver.