Solistice SF (and other emp equiv)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by KoooZ, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Erendil

Maybe I'm misreading what you're trying to say, but zooming optics don't amplify your recoil at all. They do make the recoil look bigger because, well, everything is magnified to look bigger. :cool: But the actual barrel rise isn't any greater. And I thought most people preferred the 2x reflex over the 1x. Or was that just a Beta thing?

I'm kind of a different duck when it comes to the SF, and apparently compared to many of the other posters here. I chose the vanilla Solstice over the SF for the raw DPS.

I don't need/want the extra attachments or shot modes on the SF. Give me a laser sight or foregrip (depending on my expected engagement distance), and an OG-4 4x scope (yes, I said 4x) on any of the carbines and I'm set. I find that 3-shot burst modes annoy me since once I get used to the recoil of a weapon I prefer using 6-8 shot long bursts or full-auto ADS if they're in that outside-CQC-but-still-pretty-close sweet spot.

If I'm expecting CQC or am going to be mixing it up inside a bio dome flitting from roof to roof I'll be toting a VX6-7 with an Advance Laser Sight and (again) an OG-4 4x scope. Like 6VSamurai said of the Serpent, the VX melts face. It's damage output is sky-high, and the ALS gives me hipfire accuracy out to about 35m, so for me using either a 1x or 2x reflex would be a waste since at those ranges I'll want to be hipfiring while strafing (or even while Jumpjetting. The ALS is accurate to about 15m in mid-flight).

Anything outside that range I'll be ADSing, and having the 4x Scope let's me hit targets from 1-2 buildings away where they don't even know I'm taking a bead on them. The VX is kinda hard to control during ADS tho, so hitting targets outside 75m or is kinda tough. I use the 4x scope on all of my other weapons too tho, so I find I'm used to it, thus I keep it on the VX as well..

I try to use the Solstice for medium-long range engagements only, so I'm going foregrip/4x with that too. I haven't gotten used to spamming burst mode on the SF yet while maintaining long range accuracy to make it my choice over the vanilla Solstice.