SOE whats then new continent cap limit?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kn1fey, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Kn1fey

So its obvious that the continent limits are not 2000 people anymore can someone please let me know what the new limits are, and are their different caps per server like Briggs gets less people so they cap is less then others because twice over the last 2 nights I have seen the continent cap on Briggs and there is no way we reached 2000 people.
  2. that_darn_lurker

They must have drastically lowered the limits. On Connery, Indar and Esamir both had a queue, but the population chart show Connery has about 3000 people total.
  3. Rivenshield

I've been asking this for months, and gotten no satisfactory answer. Which is bull pucky. In PS1 we knew it was 166x3, and later 133x3 due to a declining pop. This hard number was used to sell the game and was a point of pride for Planetside players, who did -- and do -- consider themselves a breed apart from the rest of the FPS crowd.

If I have to jump into the warp queue to play Indarside, when I pop in I'll see my empire (TR) locked in at least two horrendous 48+ slugfests, but Instant Action won't put my anywhere near them. Neither can I redeploy near them. I can either spawn a Mossie and suicide near where I want to go, or spawn at the base next door and hoof it. More bull pucky.

There may also be one or two squad sized actions going on elsewhere, which Instant Action will unerringly dump me into. I suppose this is a ham-fisted attempt to conserve server-side resources, but it merely slows me down by several minutes and inspires a good deal of nerdrage.

When I finally get immersed in a satisfyingly big battle, I can generally count fifty or sixty little vehicle icons and angry little blue doritos on my local map. No more. Some are dead and respawning, some are off my little map altogether, but -- as startling as it may seem -- battles on Auraxis seem far SMALLER than they were ten years ago. Every now and then we'd get locked into a grim merciless 3-way where the entire cont pop would be flailing away at each other over a single base, and it looked like the battle of Gettysburg with laser beams and airplanes. Not so here. The visual and sound FX make up a good deal of the deficit, however.

My own best seat-of-my-pants guesstimate is that the empire pop limit is perhaps 250 per continent. (The number of idiots screwing around in our home WG counts against this, and is another good reason for sanctuaries to return). And yet no one on the dev team or on the corporate side will be honest with us and give us a simple figure. Bull pucky times infinity. In fact it's downright dishonest.

Come on, devs. How many of us are there?
  4. Kaktwox

They lower pop caps and force a queue, how else are they going to sell memberships?
    • Up x 3
  5. HadesR

Seems something like 400 per Empire per cont ..

Which if correct is kinda silly .. You start to lose the main feature of the game by forcibly shrinking the fights ..

I'd rather have one full continent than three 2/3's empty.
  6. Yuukikun

By checking the map and number of people in fights on Indar when all factions were full, i estimated around 200 players per faction. so around 600 / map so around 1800 / server
  7. RobotNinja

Give this man a sticker.
  8. Kn1fey

I have a feeling its something like 1000/continent now but I was hoping a dev could give us a official answer instead of speculation.
  9. Sonny

Yep would be nice to get an official number for this.