SOE Stop lying to me.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innersphere1, Feb 21, 2014.

1. innersphere1

Every patch note you say FIXED CRASH, but is not everytime.
    Please stop this.
    • Up x 1
  2. entrailsgalore

It may not be fixed for you, but it's probably fixed for most people.
    • Up x 3
  3. starlinvf

You are either new to software development, or an amateur troll..... but considering your post history, this is way too low quality for a troll thread.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hatesphere

the variety of systems running this game makes it hard to pin down exact causes of crashes for all of them. SOE is not "lying to you" I personally get very very few crashes, even since beta. there is also the possibility it could be an issues with the end users system, and SOE cant control that. (not that that stops people from blaming them)
  5. BulletDragon

I was hoping for the random CTD fix and it didn't change jack s*** (again). During the alert just now it crashed 3 times with the last time in the last 3 minutes -.-. Only thing it changed is it lags for a sec before CTD 5 secs later unlike before, it crashed without any warnings.

SOE, why not changing alert rewards on ACTUAL participation time instead of time after every login? I fought for many hours with less to almost nothing because your client tends to crash in the last 10 min of an alert. This EXTREMELY frustrating.
  6. Astealoth

it's impossible to fix every crash. they can only fix some or most crash conditions. not every crash is caused by the same problem. for all they know your crash is due to a corrupt directx library on your hard drive. there's just too much in play to make every single person's client 100% stable.

personally i haven't crashed in months, not even sure what crash they were working on this patch.
  7. BulletDragon

wouldn't that mean, if its an user-end issue, that other games tend to crash on their systems too? Me personally, I have a 2yr old mid-end rig with a new rev ati 7870, and PS2 is the ONLY game in my collection that has a CTD issue.
  8. Hatesphere

some games do strange things and also use different shaders then others. that might cause issues one some games but not others if you have GPU drivers that are not installed correctly. not all games use the same methods.

but that's not to say that all the crashes are end user issues.
  9. TheBigHert

'Removed Herobrine'