SOE SERIOUSLY ADD CAMO AND ARMOR PREVIEW NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raichu, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Raichu

Not just the item . Give us a option to see a camo or decal or helmet or armor actually on our freakin charcter model Im tired of buying camos that look stupid. it would be nice to freaking preview it on your chacter before I buy it. why wasnt this added in? its a simple freaking feature. Aldo do the same for armor camos as well
    • Up x 12
  2. Duvenel

Till they add it in-game here are some lovely fan-made camo viewers:

http://ps2hq.com/model-viewer

+1 for community powers

Edit - Forgot to mention it may be a bit buggy or not work at all depending on the browser you're using.
    • Up x 3
  3. Raichu

Thats is so low res and only shows camos not armor
  4. Duvenel

-Shrugs-, not like I can do any better. Also I think I saw a similar thing except for character models. I'll see if I can't find it later and post it.
  5. xNPCx

It is on the Roadmap and will be added most likely by the end of the month. I would rather have something implemented correctly than rushed.
  6. Raichu

How can the possibly **** that up? the already have the model for it. all they have to do is let us view it
  7. xNPCx

Programming, mate. It isn't all magic and unicorns.
    • Up x 3
  8. MrK

Are you raving at modeling inside game, or at ps2hq.com stuff? Because if the latter, realise it's done by the community, not SOE
  9. innersphere1

10. MaxDamage

And this would be why PSU forums automatically convert FULL CAPS lines to lowercase. Chillaxify.
  11. Raichu

Its my thread I do what I want
  12. Duvenel

This may be the first time I've started to regret trying to help someone on here. I suggest that you calm down, I'm trying to find a more detailed and higher resolution with correct textures for infantry models(which I remember seeing somewhere). But I trawl through the forums a fair bit so I'm having some difficulty finding the thread/post I'm looking for.

So unless you can either create a perfect camo viewer, I suggest you wait patiently like the rest of us.

Edit - Found the links \/

http://www.heavysden.com/ps2/ps2_preview.php# (infantry camo viewer)

http://dannyjo.co.uk/ps2/index.html (a neat NC tank viewer)
  13. kucookachu

He's just mad because he bought some ugly camo.
  14. Raichu

I dont want to create a camo viewer its a simple feature that should have been in the game since realse date. for excample the new camo that came out the esemier ice. WTF is that?! The preview they give you is all white so I thought it would be an all white camo got my mastercard pluged in the info and bam the camo is some stupid white blue camo that I hate and will never wear ever. its like when you buy something its a ******* surprise thats not right im paying for something I should know what it ******* is
  15. Duvenel

All I have to say to you is this, I understand that you bought something, thinking that it would look like something else. There's not a lot I can do about that, except maybe ask for a refund on the grounds of you didn't get what was advertised. http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask/

The people that made the camo viewers for us as a whole community dedicated their own time into helping everyone else. They ran into some problems, so it's not as "easy" as you might make it out to be. All I'm asking for is to show some respect to the people who are trying to help you. That's all I have to say to you really.
    • Up x 1
  16. Raichu

Wonderful thank you, Im not aming at the community I am aiming at SOE. The community shouldnt even have to do simple **** like that. Its not the first time I bought something which ended up looking stupid. Some decals I bought dont even show up on certain armor and camo combinations
  17. Leichow

Ignorance is Bliss, Go ahead just drop the code here and i'm sure a Dev would gladly insert it in. But then again, no telling what you're SIMPLE feature will break. for now go get some construction paper and a box of crayons and go draw your damn camo on your player.

Although minus the easy part, i agree considering i have about 15 different camos. And for sure not as happy with some as others.
  18. xNPCx

Not my thread but I will recognize effort and help when I see it, keep up the good work Duvenel. Too bad OP didn't notice you were trying to offer an alternative solution for his problem while we wait for SOE to implement a new feature in an update.
  19. Raichu

You act like its ok to give people the ability to purchase stuff to which they have no knowledge to what they are getting, or If they will like it or not. It isnt a raffle. Let me tell you something I manage investments for construction projects in Dubai. When somebody comes in I just don't say here is a little picture of what the buildings supposed to look like after completion. No, We have 3d models of the floor-plan, extensive blueprints, Facility details. Everything you can think of so we know who ever is doing business with us is going to be happy with the project after it is completed. which in turn avoids situations like this when somebody is upset because they didn't get what they thought they where getting. It shouldn't be my job to search the internet for the camo or decal or armor or anything. I am handing money to SOE. It is their responsibility. Nobody elses. This feature should have been incorporated since day one, Instead of letting consumers blindly spend money. Sorry for any spelling English is not my first luanguage

I wasted around 30 dollars of station cash on **** I will never use. THAT is what pisses me off if I had the abiailty to see the camo, or know decals wouldn't show up when you used certain camo or armor variants I could have avoided that
  20. Luperza Community Manager

We're aware that you would all like a camo previewer. We appreciate the feedback.

In the meantime, a fan made a great utility for previewing camo! :) Check it out and share it with your friends. http://ps2hq.com/model-viewer Hopefully, that helps for now.
    • Up x 6