SOE once again thinks small with lattice system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by that_darn_lurker, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_darn_lurker

Epic battles (at least all the time) are a fallacy. They're not epic in the sense of "largeness." Epic battles shrink the theater of engagement, forces everyone into a compressed crab bucket. EPIC = smaller, not to mention all the lag problems introduced by cramming all the players into 2 or 3 areas. Why even bother making these large continents in the first place? Just make a few maps that represent a "continent," and to progress from one map to the next you have to cap the points, queue loading screen, and poof on to the next map. It'd be much easier to optimize I'm sure, and would have probably been cheaper to develop and maintain.

*dons the tinfoil hat* I suspect all of this is because of MLG. SOE is blowing in the wind of this latest fad enjoyed by the spoiled children of first world countries. MLG must have a batphone straight to Higby. They say jump and Higby says "how high?" First they wanted battle islands, so now SOE resources are pulled off doing that. I'm sure they wanted this lattice system too, because how annoying to those "l33t" MLGers would it be to have some squad back capping or ghost capping territory they just took over.

Yes, SOE, you think small, and you are taking a grand game and making it small. Do you want to know a company that has vision? CCP, the makers of EVE Online and DUST. CCP has built an entire game universe, allowing its customers to go great things on a macro and micro level. What is SOE doing? Taking a great MMOFPS and ruining it with hamfisted game design to cater to the MLG crowd.
    • Up x 1
  2. IamDH

Disagree
    Epic battles are over large areas, a smaller area would result in a very quick battle and would increase your issue of lag
    Imagine all those people in a smaller area, you wont know where or who to shoot and thats IF you have the time to do so
  3. KAHR-Alpha

Can't you use the million other threads instead of making your own... ?

Long live the lettuce.
  4. DG-MOD-02

Please add your constructive feedback to threads already in existence on this topic.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.