SOE not testing content or changes before bringing them on line

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iPlague, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPlague

It's exactly as the title reads SOE doesn't test their changes or content.
    We all saw the new stuff go on test yesterday, tested it, and commented on it, and reported bugs etc etc.

But here's the thing, patch day and here's a small list whats wrong in no particular order:
    1. Immortal beings - Some people are flat out immortal, be it in their lib or reaver, they just are.
    2. Hit registration gone bad - Perhaps also related to nr. 1 but it's mention worthy of course, as even people eat your bullets without dying, though they take SOME damage.
    3. The new Death Screen is bugged - Sometimes you can't get past the "press any key" because you've either clicked something 2 soon for the game to handle, or it just plain old doesn't register "any key" The only way to get out of it right now is to instant action.
    4. New Liberator weapons - The HE belly gun didn't receive enough feedback and in it's current form is a spray'n pray instead of the description of it being a "Extended mag version of the Zephyr with more boom boom"
    5. Tail gun buffs, the liberator is supposed to be countered by ESFs right, but with the new buff, the walker destroys anything that's withing target distance !

Whoever is in charge of internal testing before content goes live needs to accumulate feedback before release stuff.

Also I for one won't be playing before they fix the Immortality, Death Screen, and Hit registration ****, so I'll pray for a Friday Hotfix.
    • Up x 1
  2. Gammit

This last push and a few before it does seem really sloppy and rushed in contrast with many earlier patches.
    • Up x 2
  3. Edenwolf

Big deal, free content is free content.
  4. DashRendar

Neither does Microsoft
  5. Kunavi

I don't want to sound mean, but... Do you even PTS? If not, go ahead and get the TC so on next Patch you can help the rest of us prevent things like that happening. That said I have to admit I did not test at all as there were some issues with my Test Client... But of all the people playing there NOBODY noticed all those things? Or did they appear randomly when the Patch hit the Live Servers?

On the other hand... TC is fertile grounds for le Grief Patrols to go HUR HUR on those actually trying to test so I completely understand if you don't want to venture in there. It's gotten me to /RageQuit testing more than once no matter how polite I was.
  6. DieHard2Live3

Well, it was on PTS for a few days. Didn't really get enough feedback for it, though.
  7. DQCraze

Looks like those 10k certs and all that money I put into my lib is finally gonna payoff, Helllloo payday, cha ching.
  8. bPostal

9. RadarX

I'm going to ask you focus on a single topic and we do have available threads for each of these. The bugs you mentioned are known issues and being worked on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.