SOE Live 2014 8/15 Keynote Summary

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ThePropain, Aug 15, 2014.

1. ThePropain

http://www.twitch.tv/soe/b/558515822

TIMELINE:
    7:25- Keynote Start.
    11:50- We know that the Devs thrive on Community Interaction..... very profane-filled, unjustified, yet hilarious interaction via Twitter. :p
    15:10- Discussion on tommorow's Tournaments, and other upcoming things this weekend.
    17:50- Interesting stats on people and groups in those tournaments.
    34:50- COMING SOON: New Loading Screens! No more NC Bias :D
    35:20- Pretty cool Valkyrie trailer.... you might want to turn down your sound a bit though.
    36:40- Expect the Valkyrie and Squad Mentoring/Leadership rewards being released later this month.
    37:30- COMING SOON: Missions Phase 2 and 3.
    37:50- COMING SOON: Resource Revamp Phase 2. ANTs are incoming
    38:30- COMING SOON: Empire Specific Buggies! Back from PS1, The Thresher, Marauder, and Enforcer are on the horizon.
    39:10- COMING SOON: The two new Battle Islands are being worked on. Expect one to be a bunch of floating islands in the sky, and the other to be a metropolis.
    39:55- Pretty sweet community videos. The first one is pretty well done!
    47:30- Fan Art. Despite their aspect ratio being terrible.
    49:05- COMING SOON: PS4 gameplay. Teaser on the new UI. Also, the sky looks pretty different.
    Sorry console junkies, there is (still) no ETA yet.

53:22 Fan Q&A.
    -The Amerish sky is actually a bug, causing it to not render correctly.
    -Actual Water (Like the bridges over rivers in PS1) is just too hard to do, which is why you don't see rivers and lakes and all that.
    -ReachCat will be on the Player Studio sometime after fixing a Sky Dome bug. (Wat?)
    -Weather is still being worked on. (No ETA) It's going be actually weather that impacts the game. One of the blockades is making it so that it's the same for all graphics settings, low and high. And of course don't forget FPS.

56:35- Prize raffling and closing statements.
    • Up x 11
  2. Iridar51

Good news.. I assume this is a two-year plan? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  3. Matt879

So, all the cool stuff is COMING SOON? My definition of soon is somewhere within the next 30 days, not next year. SOE pls.
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

+1 for posting this
    • Up x 2
  5. Neo3602

@OP thanks for sharing!
    The Buggies look pretty cool
  6. HadesR

^ This

Was wondering what they class as " Coming Soon " I'm guessing " soon " means between now and December ...
    • Up x 2
  7. ThePropain

I forgot to mention this, "coming soon" means they talked about it, but no ETA was announced. So yeah. IKR to the SOE pls part. :p
  8. Pikachu

My thoughts too. I was about to say "around christms". I dont believe for a second that the ES buggies and battle islands are going to come this year, or the whole ant mechanic. By fixing the sky dome bug I sure hope they arent talking about "my" bug. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  9. LIKE A BOSS!

Vanu's buggie makes the TRs and NCs look bad ;)
  10. FateJH

I wonder what their definition of "actual water" is. o_O
    [IMG]
    Because Planetside 1 sure didn't have it. You know what this was called? shaders applied to a flat surface.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pikachu

We all know coming soon means at least 4 months from now. One wonders what it means when they said "nowhere near soon" when in another event they mentioned cyssor or oshur.
  12. Pikachu

They way it affect things i yhink. Breathing ang stufg. Anf thingd looking blue under water.
  13. PKfire

I thought I saw images of redone models for the Flash/Harasser/Lightning somewhere, can anyone confirm?
    • Up x 1
  14. Neo3602

@PKfire If your talking about the models shown in the Keynote summary, those models were for entirely new vehicles, not just faction specific reskins of existing ones.
  15. FateJH

Here is an ANT I parked underwater while my feet stand firmly planted next to it in the clear underwatery abyss of VR training. I was tempted to /em cabbagepatch during this screenshot.
    [IMG]
    I parked the ANT just at the threshold where it will begin to take water damage. I am currently drowning myself, but the screenshot functionality cuts out the HUD, including the progress bar for that.
    • Up x 1
  16. -Synapse-

Stuff like that is easy peasy. A couple shaders and sound effects is all it takes for the look and feel of being underneath the water, and drowning could work the same as the current restricted area system, just with different effects. I think maybe the underwater physics and such are what they consider 'too hard', because everything else seems like it'd be a sinch.
  17. AdmiralArcher

SOONTM
    • Up x 2
  18. AdmiralArcher

yes, if you have a twitter, go check out wrel's twitter, he showed the new lightning model and harrasser model.....which is kinda weird since it will be the first vehicle comsmetic change really......besides the pain jobs on them

https://twitter.com/WrelPlays/status/500418405879775233/photo/1

there is a link to his account

supposedly, according to the images they are updating armor for infantry too

oh and...here is a new peice of art that will probably be a loading screen, got this from a reddit thread
    [IMG]

LOL

thats a LA with a TRAP, and since when does esamir have mountains around Eisa like that? i think this was originally planned to be an indar themed image......
  19. ThePropain

I just checked twitter.... check this out. Kind of wonder why the Keynote didn't go over this.

https://twitter.com/WrelPlays/status/500418405879775233
    https://twitter.com/WrelPlays/status/500419047142735872

T-Ray Retweeted this from Auraxis Info:
    In addition:
    https://twitter.com/WrelPlays/status/500419323639635968
    Looks like infantry composite armor and the Max armor is getting reworked as well.

Tweets are courtesy of Wrel. I wouldn't notice this at all if I wasn't following him.
    TL;DR: We have a big model revamp incoming.

Edit: Just when I thought I wouldn't get ninja'd at all in this thread...
  20. BuzWeaver

• Up x 4