[Suggestion] SOE Game Studio for the non-US community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Linus, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Linus

I post this thread here, since I am not allowed to use the official Game Studio forum as a non-US citizen.

I am wondering when the Game Studio will be open for the EU community and others.
    It was just launched for the american players only, and I am very surprised of this limitation.

Perhaps the main reason is just technical or to be able to test this new tool with a restricted amount of people, but I find that rude to not allow others to share their creativity and to restrict its acess at the start.
    I am sure that they are many amazing creative minds, outside of the USA, who would love to propose some new designs for the PS2 players.
    • Up x 7
  2. Torok

3. Cougarbrit

Legal stuff from what I understand. Namely tax stuff.

Should be sorted out within a couple months I'd think.
    • Up x 1
  4. Regpuppy

I'm assuming it's the same reason that it's difficult to include EU players in cash prizes for some US based competitions. Probably more to sort out.
  5. Dvine

Its because of ax reasons between an US company and EU countries with differing tax policies. My bet that it will go prosieben games whatever who runs PS2 in EU.
  6. Sen7rygun

Player created items in the store? I can only imagine what those poor bastards at SOE are sifting through as we speak...

[IMG]
  7. NikkoJT

So where does that leave players like me, who have Station accounts despite being in Europe because we signed up through Steam?
  8. Isokon

Having a station account does not turn you into a US citizen.
  9. Loegi

I'm guessing it won't be for the SOE player studio, which he was asking.
    Aw shucks. Thanks for the information, I did not know that.
  10. Dvine

In the cold until the EU stuff gets sorted.
  11. Mr_Giggles

Hi, here's the memo.
  12. huller

thing is, soe gives 40% of player studio earnings, and with 27 different countries each having their own laws on freelance work the legal issues are pretty big.
  13. Tekuila

They could at least do Canada.
  14. Linus

I work with some american web-based marketplaces (games or 3D) and I regularly receive money from them on my paypal since many years.

The VAT is not a huge gap between USA and UE, but I understand the fact that it could take some time to set all those legal stuff.
    However, I do not understand why it was not made prior of the Game Studio launch.
    SOE has no problem to sell station Cash and premium memberships to EU people.
  15. NikkoJT

I am aware of that. However, if you look at the post I was quoting, you'll note I was responding to the theory that European Player Studio deployment would be done through ProSieben. As I play with a Station account, ProSieben stuff doesn't apply to me, but if the European side is handled by them, I won't be able to use the SOE version because that will be US-exclusive.
  16. Isokon

Ah, I see. But I would not worry about that. If they can deny you access to the current service based on your location, they should be able to grant you access to the ProSieben service in similar fashion.
  17. Wariamu

Yeah this is really annoying. At least they could allow players to submit in it without giving profit (and making the item free for anyone to use) until they fix that problem. Then when that problem is taken care of, they simply remove these free items from players and put it for sale.
  18. Linus

Exactly, I am sure that many people would love to make free stuff for PS2 players, we have just to see how the Skyrim community was very creative with the TESTool, with no money purposes.
    Letting the players participate in the game design and share their creativity, is already a nice reward. Some others prefer money.
    • Up x 1
  19. Imposer

I got a cool decal together as soon as I could. I'm in Canada though so I have to wait. Hope they get everything together soon.
    • Up x 1
  20. Wariamu

It's gonna sound like I'm complaining just for the sake of complaining but.. in a sense it'll annoy me when there's gonna be a lot of player made stuff in the depot.... I hope the art director will be real strict on the content.