SOE Announces Player Studio in Europe and Canada

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Degenatron, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Degenatron

It's official, SOE announced that Player Studio will be coming to Canada, Germany, France, and the UK. Read the PCGamer story HERE.

The target date according to Syrah (on the Player Studio Forums) is May 1st, 2014.

When will other countries be added to the list? According to Rick Reynolds (Sr. eCommerce Manager), the answer is "as soon as we can". There is a very difficult process involving International Commerce and Tax structueres, along with other numerous legalities. Needless, to say SOE must have all of their T's crosses and I's dotted before an announcement can be made. Check out "Inside Player Studio" to get a jump start on how to create and submit items to the Player Studio.
    • Up x 16
  2. GottAdonis

Checked whether it is an April's fool joke. It is not.

FINALLY!!! I've been waiting so long for this.

But i still can't get Circuit camo :(
  3. Ribero

It's a step in the right direction. I know there's still a fair few Italian, Polish, Hungarian and Russian players, as well as those in Scandinavian countries and other places. Hopefully they won't have to wait much longer.
    • Up x 2
  4. HLM

With this we are one step closer to having Player Studio in Aus/NZ and me retiring as a millionaire from selling hats helmets and camos.

Except not really. I doubt it'll ever come to this part of the world.
    • Up x 1
  5. Fangry

Targeting the bigger countries first, what a surprise
  6. RadarX

There are absolutely more countries to come, these just require a lot of work to be done (for some reason no country handles taxes the same way for instance).
    • Up x 3
  7. Pikachu

Wait what? I thought it was to come to canada next year. Two years Fter that matbe to europe.
  8. Elrobochanco

Amazingly spot on to Smedleys ballpark figure in his AMA. Now to learn to make things that don't suck and that fit the game.
  9. daniel696

Brazilian taxes are too damn high, but anyway we want player studio. But I think is not so hard to do, I don't know, listen... if I make the helmet, and I won 1000 dollars, is just give it to me through bank, like google does (youtube and etc).
  10. Kumaro

OMG i can imagine Sweden being a pain in the rear XD
    We are insane about Taxes over here :(
    • Up x 2
  11. iPlague

Denmark and our high income tax but almost free Welfare State. Guess Playerstudio will never see the light of day in the cold northern lands of Scandinavia.
    • Up x 3
  12. Paski

I'm hoping Holland will be added "soon". They already have the European servers located here. But then again, when there is an opportunity to put a tax on something the government won't hold back on it.
    • Up x 1
  13. IamDH

Wonderful news. I imagine the playerbase contains at least a few skilled designers
    • Up x 2
  14. Tiedemann

The only way I could create something that would sell: Create something so ugly/stupid that people just want to donate to get me into some treatment program :p
    • Up x 1
  15. PlatoonLeaderG

Just a silly question,is there anywhere that i can see what we need to do step-by-step at how to submit the model and what file it need to be exported or how many faces limit?

I love that it will get to europe and i m really practicing my skills when it will come so i can be ready,but i m really clueless at where i can find more information about this.
  16. Wecomeinpeace

Yeah too bad you outsourced your whole european market to a company that apparently cannot do the only thing they have been hired for aside from marketing; managing the damn game.

However, what i am really wondering about here is what the darn problem really is/was? I mean it's about getting cash so i assume that SOE did everything they could to get this on the road as fast as possible. Yet any internet project or surf school on the bahamas seems to have no problems at all with paying people from all over the world. Also shouldn't this have been something to think about before starting something like player-studio?

Ahwell, anyways, might check it out once it goes live here.
    • Up x 1
  17. Codex561

Cant you like install a facility in those countries? You submit your work to the one in your country, then its sent to SOE and distributed world wide. What am I missing here?
  18. CHDT65

Switzerland maybe ?