SOE and Decision Making in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RomulusX, Oct 2, 2014.

1. RomulusX

I understand that this is YOUR game and you have a vision for it, but the other part of me says that you made it for the players and that you listen to their feedback.

Why not implement a system where you state your ideas and reasons backing them...and then let the community react...before it goes live.

For example,

"We are thinking about removing passive certs for non members and here are our reasons why X, Y, Z"

then, the community can react to this change, and you at SOE can see whether this was a good idea that would be welcomed with open arms, or a bad idea that would further dwindle your playerbase.

Just thought this could help out with a majority of issues.
  2. Furluge

They call it Reddit. Vanu run the ps2 subreddit btw.
    • Up x 1
  3. LibertyRevolution

Yep, DEVs needs to treat its players as if they are activist investors.
    Cross us and you may be out of a job, as we are SOE revenue stream, while you are just a replaceable option.
  4. FateJH

The forums think they matter again.
  5. Hicksimus

Meh, this is the only MMO where I'd like my money back.
    I've spent ~300 on World of Tanks(not really an MMO IMO) in the last ~2.5 years and while I'm not into it like I used to be I'm satisfied with my spending.
    I've spent maybe $800 on EvE Online in the last 5 years and while I'm not playing it much any more I'm satisfied.
    I've spent $15 on Archage and I don't think it's bad, it's just not for me, don't want that $15 back.
    $200 on Warthunder. Enjoyed my time, don't want the money back.....it was well-spent even if the devs have completely lost touch now.

As for Planetside 2, talk about hype. All this time after beta has been spent making up for the shortcomings of all the poor choices made by upper management at the start. They should be fired and they probably would be if not for the fact that Sony has HUGE financial issues dwarfing the incompetent management at SoE.
  6. Tommyp2006

I'm pretty sure they knew they were going to be getting entirely negative feedback on that one, there's really nothing else for them to get. They did it to try to sell more memberships, not to please the community.
  7. Zotamedu

I find it hard to care about removing the passive certs. They were crucial at launch when XP was hard to get. But since they increased XP gain from everything and included piles of ribbons that give you even more certs on top of the five bonus ribbons each day, those 12 certs don't really matter any more. Drop as a medic in a decent fight and you have those five daily ribbons done in five minutes or less. They have even lowered the price on lots of guns and stuff. Those 12 certs are like 5-10 minutes of game play now. If it makes a couple of more people subscribe, I will gladly give up those few certs.
  8. DQCraze

For every player that posts here there are 20 that just play the game and never read anything. We dont have their microtransaction data and as long as they are making money your opinion means zero.
  9. Moz

I kinda of support this thread. SOE get most things right IMHO, trouble is when they get it wrong...... oh BOY do they get it wrong. This is one of those "got it very wrong".

Like in the other post about this change, radar says something like:

"we at sony decided these changes were best"

Well i'm sorry Radar, you at sony were very, VERY WRONG! Even the members you are trying to support are saying its a bad idea.

If you want to please your members, dont make moves that will actively discourage new players from taking up the game..... It really isnt rocket science.

All this could have been saved by simply asking the question. To be fair, it was probabally some bean counter somewhere who is pulling these strings...... It ceratinly isnt a gamer!

TLDR: Poor decission is poor!
  10. Alizona

Pumpkins.

Pumpkins?