So Why was the liberator nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dead soldier, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead soldier

Sure, I like to fly the liberator. But honestly, why was it nerfed?

It could kill ESFs?
    Any vehicle in the game could kill ESFs, and it could only kill ESFs that literally flew straight at the lib.
    It also took lots of aim and practice which I call skill.

It is a farming tool?
    Maxes are much more of farming tools. Dual pounders=50k score per hour in a biolab and it is just spam at a wall until you run out of ammo. Shooting at a wall does not require skill IMHO. Learning the lead and drop of a gun that has low splash damage does have skill IMHO.

The lib update made it OP?
    No, nothing was changed besides the uncalled for resistance changes.
    Before the update, no one called the liberator overpowered.

It killed me and I felt bad because i don't know how to use the lib?
    Well then learn how to use it. Don't call it OP just because it killed you. Actually fly it and gun it regularly and see if you can do better with it than with a max.

It has lots of armor?
    It needs that armor to stay alive in fights bigger than 30 people because there is never just 1 person with AA.

The ammo reduction was a valid change because I never had to land and it's not even maxed out.

It seems to me that SoE is trying to get rid of the higher skilled weapons in this game that have a high reward once it is mastered.. It is sad but I guess all big games end up going this way.
  2. Wobulator

Have you ever tried to kill a Shredder lib with an ESF? It doesn't work. At all. With 650 m/s, the belly gun can kill ESFs from 300m easily, you can't get close because of TBing, if you do get above it, it just rolls over and kills you then, and if they are 3/3 you literally cannot attack them.

Also, at least you can fight back against MAXes. A lib just eats five lockons, kills an MBT, and then happily flies off to repair.

The new tailgun angles are just ridiculous.
  3. Dead soldier

I've killed many shredder crews with my scythe. Globemaster and his shredder/walker crew didn't do more than 1/4 damage to me and i didn't use fire suppression. A member of PREY fought my scythe solo with his shredder and never hit me. Fly in hover mode and be unpredictable.

You say you can kill ESFs easily at 300 meters. Just no... unless they are moving slowly in a straight line or are landed... no.

A lib eats 5 lock-ons and is burning. I would never take that risk because it almost always ends in my death to a skyguard 800 meters away.
    • Up x 2
  4. Progapanda

2/3 shredder lib is just as easy or in most cases even easier to solo in an ESF than a Dalton lib. That's definately a l2p issue.
    • Up x 1
  5. Trebb

Congratulations! Now try it in a boxy reaver, or mossy, or anything that has a bigger profile than 1 pixel in height :p
    • Up x 1
  6. Dead soldier

Considering that reaver has stronger AB and by default the same vertical thrust as a Hover 3 scythe :rolleyes: , I think it would be harder... But you get my point that you just have to know what you are doing to counter someone who also knows what they're doing.
  7. Takoita

You are gonna get flamed hard for this, put your suit on! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  8. Yeahy

They want to make the dalton the premiere anti armor weapon yet the nerf it against armor with no noticeable effect against infantry.
    • Up x 1
  9. a-koo-chee-moya

I'm putting my flame-resistant suit on too. All you have to do is run into a room with your shield up, drop it, and kill everyone by clicking. Flying a Lib requires a detailed analysis of a situation while floating 500 m above it. If you over reach just a little bit, you're dead. As Max, revival is still possible, even likely if you've wiped a room.
  10. Hoseheadsux

Another liberator thread, **** it just give this guy god mode while in liberators so all lib pilots can stop crying
  11. a-koo-chee-moya

You probably didn't even read all the posts when you saw the words "lib" and not the words "insanely OP" in the title. He clearly is mainly an ESF pilot and that leaves no room for any other air vehicles. Try taking down 2 ESFs on you while your gun can only point in 1 direction.
    • Up x 3
  12. Dead soldier

So, explain why the lib is OP. And use actual known facts, not known opinions or myths. And please, tell me from your perspective, so play your own video of you killing 25% guys without dieing and don't post a poplico montage.
  13. Takoita

Yep, you are getting into the spirit of things!
  14. Leftconsin

Best farming tool I've used for kills is the C75 Viper.
    And I make 16k-21k per hour nowadays as an Engy in biolabs before boosts.

I just think people don't like dying to explosives and can't be bothered to don flak armor.
    • Up x 1
  15. Prudentia

how is August?
  16. LT_Latency

I got nerfed because it makes the game less fun for everyone else.
    • Up x 4
  17. Dead soldier

I say the same about maxes yet no nerfs have come.
  18. LT_Latency

Maxxes are slow and avoidable.

Let maxxes fly all over the map and they will get nerfed too
    • Up x 4
  19. Codex561

Lib nerf was overdue, instead of nerfing it SOE buffed it enraging the ground players and attracting more attention causing more people to want it worse than pre-buff which is understandable.

This is coming from a liberator pilot!
    • Up x 1
  20. XXBLACKATTACKXX

Because you can kill a tank in under 2 seconds
    Survive up to 5 Ap shells
    Tanks can't fight back and have NO chance of survival.

It kills the most expensive vehicles in the game WAY too fast and can survive way too many tank shots.
    Its fine vs infantry WAY OP vs any other vehicle
    • Up x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.