[BUG] So, why is this a thing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Juunro, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Ronin Oni

Pisses me off beyond comprehension personally.

I cannot believe they actually allow it. Just remove smoke from the goddamn game then rather than basically giving away a free hack.

I avoid smoke areas now cause I just KNOW there will be at least 1-2 piece of dog turds that abuse this bullcrap
    • Up x 5
  2. Ronin Oni

wat.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ballto21

the guy i quoted mentioned 2d sprites

might and magic 6 came to mind because:
    Magic OP (until you run out of mana) and scifi-Blasters in endgame (vs)
    Hard hitting trucks are swords and pretty much all melee (nc)
    Inaccurate as **** but effective at plinking away range (tr)

The might and magic series is the fantasy planetside
  4. Tommyp2006

Not only smoke, when you set particledistancescale to 0, which is how you disable smoke, it disables muzzle flash too, though you also lose tracers and the glow from rockets/tank rounds too iirc.
    • Up x 1
  5. RadarX

To clarify any confusion, yes this is in fact an exploit and yes it will be fixed in our next update.
    • Up x 21
  6. VikingKong

Yeah. Couldn't agree more. Needs fixing.
    • Up x 2
  7. Maldrasou

• Up x 2
  8. Dredboss

Might & Magic 6 and then 8.
    • Up x 1
  9. Odiogn

THANK-YOU
    • Up x 1
  10. f0d

personally for me its not for an advantage or k/d or whatever
    i HATE with a passion most new effects in video games, i liked oldschool games where things were clear and you could see what you were doing without flashy glowy stuff making you blind (in game not irl)

things like glare
    lenseflare
    post processing effects
    shiny everything
    glowy stuff
    really make games look horrible for me - so with pretty much every game i play i turn it all down low, even the single player games that dont have k/d's and certs and stuff

textures high but just about everything else off or low

games just looks S#!T nowdays with all the stupid effects
  11. maniajack

I'm glad it's being fixed but I also think the under-barrel smoke needs to be looked at. It's painfully easy for any single engie to potentially drop the fps of a very large amount of people in a hex and it costs that engie ZERO resources and they have unlimited ammo. I think it should require a terminal resupply once you're out of ammo or cost resources.
  12. Schwak

The only reason why you care is because your whole outfit runs suppressors lol.
  13. omfgweeee

So glad to hear that!
  14. Foxirus

Wait.. You mean todays update, Or the next upcoming update? D:
  15. sixoo

wtf are you taling about, there is an advantage of playing on lower setting on any pvp mmo game so far. you could call having better fps to be an advantage, disable foliage and shadows to gain an advantage, to make night brighter to gain an advantage, to use health bar on their head an advantage (talking about implants).

so ppl here can't play at low settings and 30 fps because you think they have a tactical advantage. that's how the game work, exploiting and cheating are other problems.
  16. Pokebreaker

I refuse to partake in the no-smoke exploit. While I know many who have turned it off SOLELY to see through smoke, and not have other particle visuals block their view while shooting (like rocket trails) ; I've chosen to maintain my integrity.

The worst is watching folks who you KNOW have particles effects turned off, running around smoking areas they are about to enter, because they know they can see clear as day, and most of their enemies can't. If turning off smoke wasn't an exploit, using it in the aforementioned manner would be.

I'm sure there are some that truly need the performance boost to make the game barely function. However, there are many who are using that excuse to hide their exploitation of not seeing smoke. I'm glad it's getting patched.

Those who use it as an exploit for seeing through smoke know who they are; despicable.
  17. zaspacer

I also hate playing on high setting because the art design on high settings it so overblown without an understanding or care of what hinders game playability. They spam effects all over my screen to the point that it interferes with playing the game. I got tired of constantly reacting to sudden movement that was just leaves blowing on my screen. It's the same reason why I often mute chat when I'm in a Squad: someone just keeps talking loud over and over and drowns out the in-game sound warnings that make the difference between life and death.

Until PS2 Art Leads makes art on higher settings that facilitates competitive play, I don't want anything to do with it.

Though it wouldn't be as big an issue if all players played on the same settings (at any settings level). PS4 players will enjoy a uniform graphics and performance experience. That's neat, but it's not how PC is.

For the record, I think I have my settings on Medium. And I can't see through smoke.
  18. Illucidator

Ikr the the that always annoy me on higher settings was thos little white particle thing that would float around on hossin I would always think they were muzzle flash. So annoying. Also the sound ques...Finally someone who thinks the same thing. Sound cues help soooo much. You can hear enemy weapons shotguns. Iv killed so many people just by listening to their footsteps and right as they walk through a doorway straight bullets to the face. It got to the point where i turned of in game music because when capping a base where theres just a few ppl i think its around the 20 second mark where the music starts playing while capping a point and I died a few too many times cause of it just cause as people are trying to get to point right before the base flips the music plays and you cant hear them coming. Another time I yelled at a friend in squad to get out of the sundy because the engine noise was too loud and dont get me started on esfs ally AtoG hovering over bases in 12v12 fights SO LOUD.
    • Up x 1
  19. Erilis

Can we all just stop and appreciate this for a second? This is a good quality comment.
    I love ****** looking old games.
    • Up x 1
  20. Fr0stbitten

I cannot possibly give you more likes for this M&M reference. I almost laughed my *** off the chair.
    • Up x 1