So...where is the Heavy Shield delay nerf?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Paperlamp

Whatever happened to this? Seems like it was planned a long time ago. They definitely need some kind of nerf if not a delay, NMG gives way, way too much health advantage.

HAs are still absurdly durable compared to all other infantry except MAXes - which admittedly are overpowered farm machines and HA nerf would make them stronger relatively, but that's another discussion.
    • Up x 2
  2. z1967

Pushed back for technical issues. dcarey talked about it in the Zoran stream and Higby mentioned it on Higby Pls last week.

So it is still happening. I would save my opinions for seeing what it is like on PTS first.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ronin Oni

AFAIK it's NOT happening and they're looking for a DIFFERENT way to "fix" the "HA issue"

If they add a delay, I want refund on my Overshields, since my certed out REACTIVE SHIELDS would no longer be REACTIVE at all. Resist would still work the same, the other 2? Worthless as far as I can tell.

And I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO effing sick of everyone and their RAMPANT whining and complaining about this game. GTFOver it and grow a bloody pair you pansies.

I don't even like HA for infantry combat. LA is far better IMO... certainly more fun. Medic has a better gun if I want to move with the main push.

Nerf HA and I wonder what's next. It just never stops with some people.

I HATE PLAYERS.
    • Up x 24
  4. iller

I couldn't ever get behind this change.

Not when there's 20 other ways to deal with the fact that it's VERSATILITY that makes HA's so good. And lack of same versatility that makes L.A. and Infitrator so "At a disadvantage" by comprison. They need to start with the grenades and side-arms and go from there. Make EMP's / WO's / & Decoys actually do what they advertise. Remove stun immunity from the implant if you're the one who hit yourself with your own Conc. Give pistol wielders protection that Removes the threat of headshot bonus damage when shot by Shotguns, SMGs, and LMGs so that less durable classes can actually dance around in CQC with heavies or atleast get into that range where HA's are supposed to be less versatile. Maybe even remove the quickknife option from HA's & medics. Just do a better job of separating the offensive utility / strengths of each combat class.
    • Up x 8
  5. Trebb

There is a reason 90% of the Vanu I fight are ADADAD spamming HA Orion users. It works too well.

(The other 10% are maxxes :p )
    • Up x 1
  6. Ronin Oni

O'Rly?

Cause ADADAD doesn't work at all with shield popped. You move at a snails pace no matter the gun you use. SMG with shield moves so slow only a blind monkey could miss.

I see your Hyperbole and raise you a disabled animal.
    • Up x 12
  7. Dracorean

The first person I've seen who stated this truth. Personally I believe infantry needs to be less versatile and more centered to their specific roles.
  8. Crator

Or, what about making every class have same amount of versatility? For instance, what if every class has the shield ability? Or give every class the option to choose the special ability they want?
  9. Maphreal

Honestly if they add a delay nerf all it's gonna do is make everyone use resist shield, which is better when used proactively. Then all the people crying about getting killed by NMG heavies are gonna get killed even more by superior RS heavies, and the forum tears will flow again.
    • Up x 11
  10. Borsty

That nerf is never coming because it's 1. not needed 2. would making the shield totally useless.
    Don't cry if you loose that head-on fight against a heavy assault, cry because you tried to fight a heavy head-on.
    • Up x 6
  11. Ronin Oni

Then they'll nerf THAT so that playing HA is actually the WORST inf combat class...

THEN Medics will become most used. Then people will whine about revives and zombienades... so THOSE will get nerfed.

So them people will move to LA. So the Jump packs will have to get nerfed.

So people will move to Engie. The turrets will have to be made useless.

On and on the cycle will continue until we have nothing but rubber retractable knives left.
    • Up x 12
  12. LibertyRevolution

My light assault has an empty tool slot that could use an overshield generator. :rolleyes:
    So HA would get shield and rocket launcher, and LA would get shield and jetpack. That sounds fair to me.
  13. Devrailis

And thus, the cycle of nerfs repeats, a never ending circle of hate, self-loathing, and denial.
    • Up x 7
  14. miraculousmouse

Awesome, only if the HA's shield also gives it a sort of super-jump, like in Crysis.
  15. Lamat

Oh well, more reason to play my Necromancer with Assault Rifle.
    • Up x 2
  16. iller

finding it curious that you go immediately to Medics next .... but don't mention at any point INF's with SMG's.
    Are you honestly saying you'd take your VS assault rifle over the Eridani?
  17. Ronin Oni

I do every day.......

Though I use a different one than the default. SV45 I think? Pulsar is decent for range. I even use the Corvus :eek: Longest TTK in the game, but at range you can't full auto RoF anyways FFS so I find that rather meaningless, and accuracy paramount.

Also... I'm actually playing more TR and NC these days.
  18. Devrailis

Bow to the mighty Green Mage, dispenser of life and death, bearing the hand that smites our enemies and makes our fallen whole.
    • Up x 7
  19. Disconsented

Reactive HA is cancerous and discourages counterplay. Proactive shields encourage counterplay in the form is attacking them first. However now the can't just turn around and melt your face first
    • Up x 3
  20. LibertyRevolution

The only reason not to play medic over heavy is that heavy overshield blocks 5 bullets, while medic AOE heal only blocks you 2.
    If they nerf heavy shield to much, then you might as well play medic, as AR are superior weapons.

Why would they go to infil, the class with only 900HP from the HA class with 1600HP? That is a major downgrade.
    Going to medic is a drop to ~1250HP but you get AR's and you still have access to C4.
    • Up x 6